Competitive salary that includes health benefits and use of a company car for work purposes.
Place of Assignment
Lusaka with frequent visits to major provincial capitals.
Start of Contract: August 2021.
Your tasks and responsibilities as Deputy Project Manager:
- Assist the Project Manager with the development of a plan to upgrade clinical simulation training facilities in selected hospitals in Zambia, and to subsequently lead on executing the plan.
- Lead on coordinating needs-analyses and infrastructure audits of selected sites earmarked for skills lab development.
- Work closely with SolidarMed’s home-building team to ensure that relevant infrastructure is upgraded in accordance with both our institutional, as well as local guidelines.
- Engage services of building contractors to undertake refurbishing and new-build activities.
- Engage with clinical experts to undertake audits of specialist equipment, and to subsequently action necessary procurement activities.
- Oversee and supervise stages of upgrade for each selected site and ensure appropriate monitoring, evaluation and reporting is undertaken.
- Identify and work with stakeholders and training-for-trainer providers to develop a program of upskilling for skills lab managers and clinical simulation trainers.
- Work closely with the Project Manager (Medical Licentiates) as well as the Project Manager (Nursing) to ensure that activities align with the overall strategy of developing multidisciplinary clinical simulation training facilities.
- Provide strong budgetary control over your workplan and prepare reports to accounts.
- Actively participate as a staff member in the planning of SolidarMed’ program of work in Zambia.
- You have a track record in project management with respect to infrastructure development
- You have experience in working with diverse and multidisciplinary teams from builders and contractors, to institutional stakeholders and civil servants.
- You have clear familiarity with project life cycle techniques.
- You have experience in sensitive negotiating
- You have strong influencing, coordination, and management skills
- You have academic qualifications to an undergraduate degree level
- You are a strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills able to form valuable working partnerships at all levels.
- You have fluency in English with good writing skills
- Your computer skills (MS Word, Excel, etc) are strong
- You currently live in Zambia, and are willing to live in Lusaka.
- You have a full clean driving licence and can drive a manual 4×4
- Previous experience in working in either healthcare, education or development would be an asset
- You are motivated and committed to social change and are a very comfortable team player
- An exciting role which brings with it clear scope for innovation and creativity, as well as the chance to apply expert skills in a challenging delivery environment.
- You will be part of a motivated team with a flat hierarchy in a professionally run, innovative programme
- Placement in Zambia’s capital Lusaka, family posting possible
Method of Application
Please email your application to Dr Petros Andreadis at citing reference “Deputy Project Manager, Clinical Simulation Infrastructure” and include your CV with 3 references (max. 2 pages)
A covering letter outlining your motivation and how you meet the requirements
Copies of your qualifications
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We kindly ask you not to send in duplicate or hard copies of your CV.
For further details contact
Dr. Petros Andreadis, by Email: