The Zambia Institute of Mass Communication (ZAMCOM) was established under the ZAMCOM Act of Parliament of 1996 to provide Communications and Media training and production services. ZAMCOM has been undergoing a corporate renewal and is currently implementing a new strategic plan aiming at positioning the organization to becoming financially viable and independent.
As part of its transformation process, ZAMCOM is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the following position;
Reporting to: The Food & Beverage Supervisor
Overseeing the preparation, cooking and presentation of meals in the Kitchen and supervision of staff in the overall production of food.
- Ordering supplies from the stores.
- Ensure the kitchen is maintained clean at all times through the continuous practice of clean as you go.
- You will be required to observe very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene as well as ensure all your subordinates keep these standards.
- Supervise the packing of food and serving of food at the food counter.
- Supervise and ensure food is cooked and served in a timely manner at all times.
- Report to your supervisor any accidents or potential accidents that may occur in the kitchen.
- Help reduce any wastage or spoilage that may occur in the kitchen and maintain the required food cost level.
- Attend all meetings organized by the Lodge Manager and implement all that is agreed upon in the meetings.
- Design and present menus which are to be approved by the Lodge Manager
- To ensure work safety by ensuring that you adhere to all site regulations regarding safety, health and the environment.
- To be pro –active in all aspects of operational safety and encourage teamwork within the department
Knowledge and skills requirements:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Food Production or any equivalent
- Able to show initiative and have good interpersonal skills
- Must know how to use the cooking range, ovens and other modern kitchen equipment.
- Able to interact with personnel from other sections
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations.
- Creative, self-motivated, proactive and confident
- Creative with food production & presentation
- Experience managing a diverse team and strong willingness to build capacity of local staff
- Knowledge of food costing & control principles
- Knowledge of computer, using office software such as Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of a variety of cuisine
Method of Application
Applications accompanied by photocopies of academic and professional qualifications with detailed Curriculum Vitae giving at least three (3) traceable references should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
Zambia Institute of Mass Communications Educational Trust,
Plot 3529 Government Road,
PO Box 50386 RW,
Or send via email to:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted