PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties. PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator/Senior Program Assistant who is seeking to grow their career while making a difference in people’s lives. Specifically, this individual will support the Living Labs, a fast-paced and iterative human-centered design initiative, aims to increase motivation of immunization health workers in Zambia and Kenya. The Living Labs initiative will accelerate health innovation by building on existing human-centered design expertise in the countries where PATH works. While the Living Labs are being established with a focus on applying rapid ideation to enhance the motivation of frontline immunization workers in sub-Saharan Africa, PATH also expects the initiative to gain learnings from and impact adjacent health challenges and geographies.
This role will work closely with a global team located across four geographic locations and time zones (i.e., Nairobi, Lusaka, Washington DC, and Seattle) and with team members that sit across multiple programs within the institution (i.e., Center of Digital and Data Excellence [CoDE], Market Dynamics, Medical Devices and Health Technologies, Kenya country program, and Zambia country program).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Play a critical role in shaping PATH’s strategic vision of embedding human-centered-design expertise in our country offices.
- Communicate with staff throughout the organization, as well as external partners, donors, and potential collaborators/partners.
- Manage key deliverables, reports, milestone tracking and ensuring other team members are delivering on-time.
- Develop and manage biweekly presentations to donors; support development and review process for all interim and final reports.
- Develop a robust knowledge management system that allows our team to rapidly iterate, pivot, learn, and evolve, specifically:
- Develop Smartsheet system(s) to manage business development pipelines (including integration with Salesforce), risk register, project schedule aligned with results framework, and other new systems as requested.
- Create a system to integrate qualitative insights by linking Box, Miro, and Smartsheet to track outputs and impact.
- Support and/or manage ongoing activities and engagement with Technical Advisory Group (TAG) – including developing the content for quarterly meetings and monthly report-out to TAG members.
- Support ongoing storytelling and external communication activities by blending qualitative and quantitative insights to support reporting and also visibility of Living Labs internally and externally
- Assist with completion of administrative tasks such as managing meetings (i.e., scheduling meetings, drafting agendas, leading/facilitating ongoing meetings, taking notes, and tracking action items), manage IRB processes/reporting, manage travel requests, or complete other administrative forms or tasks in collaboration with program assistants in Kenya and Zambia.
- Draft, copy, edit, format, fact-check, and proofread a variety of documents, as needed.
- Coordinate the production and finalization of complex documents, including proposals, reports, advocacy materials, project materials, presentations, technical deliverables, etc.
- 3-4+ years of administrative experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 2-3+ years of administrative experience
- Passionate to be part of a growing, dynamic, and global team
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing work-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and adaptable; a team player who needs minimal supervision and comfortable working with a team that is not co-located.
- Ability to be pro-active, self-manage tasks and timelines while working in a team environment.
- Ability to think creatively to help organize information, manage workflow, and improve systems and processes.
- Strong prioritization skills, effective time management, and a high performer when facing deadlines.
- Fluency in English, including excellent written and oral communication skills.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: