Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the following positions for an upcoming Department of Defence (DOD) funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project. The project’s goal is to achieve HIV epidemic control by supporting the Defense Force of Zambia (DFZ) to achieve and sustain UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets and at least 90% VMMC coverage for members of the DFZ, their families and the civilian communities they serve.
All successful candidates selected for these positions will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity.
Location: Site – TBD
Reports to: Field MER Technical Officer and Health Facility In-charge
The Site Data Associate shall be responsible for day to day data capture, entry and retrieval of data. S/he shall perform the compilation, verification, data entry and report writing related to patient care and all other HIV/AIDS services at the DFZ health facility.
- Daily data collection, documentation and reporting of HIV case identification (HTS), treatment, care (viral load) and retention (events) services
- Daily updating of registers for HIV/AIDS services (HTS, ART, PMTCT, VL, NACS, Pharm-Lab) for producing monthly reports.
- Daily data entry duties using the Electronic Health Record System (SmartCare) for HIV-positive patients and general clinical care services
- Daily maintenance of patient diaries in ART clinic including documentation of patients late for pharmacy pick-ups for follow up
- Daily management of patient record filing system for easy file retrieval to differentiate care and identification relating to viral load services.
- Daily updating of events affecting TX_New net in the electronic tracker.
- Monthly compilation and submission of Summation Sheets and applicable HMIS reports.
- Perform any other HIV-related data collection duties as assigned by health facility and/or Jhpiego supervisors.
- Record all viral load requests requested by the facility in the VL Register and Smart Care.
- Facilitate for the identification of clients due for VL as they come for pharmacy refills.
- Ensure VL results are attached to client’s folders and entered into smart care at the hub facility
- Conduct physical count of active clients on ART on a monthly basis
- Participate in data verification exercises, checking the data records at facilities.
- Diploma in statistics, computer science, monitoring and evaluation, project management or related field
- 3 – 4 years working experience in the health sector.
- Computer literate: Proficiency in MS Access, Excel and Word Strong background in data analysis.
- Knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS)
- Knowledge of Smartcare HIV/AIDS information systems
- Experience with daily reporting is an added advantage
- Applied knowledge of Health Management Information System (HMIS)
- Applied knowledge of HIV/AIDS information systems
- Previous experience working as a data entry clerk is an added advantage but not a requirement
- Knowledge of PEPFAR- M&E Reporting systems
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position and location e.g. (Field HIV Care and Treatment Technical Officer – Kasama) in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.