Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the following positions for an upcoming Department of Defence (DOD) funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project. The project’s goal is to achieve HIV epidemic control by supporting the Defense Force of Zambia (DFZ) to achieve and sustain UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets and at least 90% VMMC coverage for members of the DFZ, their families and the civilian communities they serve.
All successful candidates selected for these positions will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity.
Location: Provincial field offices (Chipata, Ndola, Lusaka, Kabwe, Kasama)
Reports to: Senior VMMC Technical Advisor
The Field VMMC Technical Officer will be responsible for the overall coordination, capacity building and implementation of the Department of Defense VMMC project at provincial level in line with the national Voluntary Medical Male circumcision guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all Jhpiego VMMC activities for DFZ supported facilities and outreach sites
- Conduct baseline phase and facility assessments
- Conduct regular supportive visits and provide onsite technical support
- Support the implementation of QA/QI systems, monitor quality in VMMC services and operations
- Facilitate clinical symposiums and utilize QA/QI data and reports to offer additional support and input into programming
- Identify training need gaps and develop an annual training plan for the Region in liaison with the Jhpiego Country Office.
- Coordinate and facilitate trainings, as needed.
- Coordinate VMMC supply chain and logistics management for participating DFZ facilities.
- Work with Demand Creation team at provincial level to ensure proper support and supervision of facilities in VMMC demand creation and community mobilization.
- Work with the M&E team to verify completeness of data, compliance to standard operation procedures, compile findings and disseminate to teams for quality improvement actions.
- Compile facility weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual performance reports, stipulating clear findings of the quality assessments and other activities and provide recommendations for quality improvement.
- Document best practices and success stories of Jhpiego work and share with Jhpiego Zambia Country Office.
- Bachelors or Diploma in Nursing or Diploma in Clinical medicine, medical licentiate. Public health will be an added advantage
- 5-6years’ work experience in clinical services and HIV programs
- Experienced VMMC Mentor and VMMC Provider
- Experience in training, mentoring and quality assurance systems
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Ability to travel out-of-station extensively
- Good Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literate, especially with the Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team worker, supportive and approachable
- Strong communication and writing skills for presentations
- Experience with USG or donor funded project
- Valid practicing license from Health Professions Council or Nursing Council of Zambia
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position and location e.g. (Field HIV Care and Treatment Technical Officer – Kasama) in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.