At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Job title: Training Superintendent Kwambula
Site: Kansanshi Mining Plc.
Department: Training and Development Department
Section: Kwambula Technical Training Centre
Position reports to: KMP Manager Training & Development
Direct reports: 5 Coordinators (1 per trade)
Manage the Kwambula Training Centre and administer the relationship / regulatory Compliance of the 5 Trades, all Trainers and Students with TEVETA and Site Management.
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Ensure Kwambula’s Trade Tests / Results are in accordance with acceptable / agreed standards and targets
- Manage the day to day activities of Kwambula Training Centre/Trainers & Students
- Co-ordinate Training / Schedule for the 5 Trades
- Ensure Administrative Compliance with TEVETA and Mining/Mine Related Regulations
- Ensure Maintenance and Safety / Hygiene of Workshops and Canteen are adhered to
- Manage Performance and Behaviours of Trainers and Students
- Manage the relationship with SOTTI
- Provide regular Safety / Hygiene Audits of facilities and reporting
- Provide reports on progress of trainers/students
- Ensure all Training Curriculums are in accordance with TEVETA requirements
- Coordinate the design of training to upgrade skills and skill sets of KMP employees
- Ensure that company procedures and safety regulations are enforced in order to minimise accidents and maximise production
- Maintain training records and training matrices for all employees on INX
- Ensure management of Trainers / Trainees Log Books, Time Sheets during their In Plant Practical Training
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Training Manager who is empowered to exercise authority over the role
- Engineering Degree
- Technical Teacher Diploma in Teaching Methodology from recognised institution OR
- Trainer Accreditation Certificate by TEVETA
- EIZ Accreditation
Experience & Competencies:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant Trade/Engineering Training experience in 1 of Mechanical Fitting/Instrumentation/Electrical/Metal Fabrication/HER fields
- Minimum of 8 years in a Technical / Trade Training Centre
- Minimum of 5 years in a management role i.e. Superintendent level and above
- MS Office – Basic Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Presentation Skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Coaching Skills
Cognitive & Behavioural Traits:
- Critical, Verbal, Abstract & Numerical Reasoning.
- Assertiveness, Attention to Detail, Teamwork, Commitment, Achievement Drive, Service Orientation, Interpersonal Confidence, Interpersonal Insight, Logical, Practical
- Thinking safely
- Upholding quality
- National Travel
- After Hours Work
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: