At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Adhesion to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality.
- Verify and approve all control sample analysis in LIMS and arrange re-tests for batches that fail QC and validation acceptance criteria. Provide reason(s) for deviation(s) and describe action taken to avoid re-occurrence.
- Ensure all completed sample batches are promptly exported to the control room & approved mailing list.
- Ensure all figures are updated on the Cumulative, Control and Daily Mill report.
- Investigate all sudden jumps and drops in assay result trends and maintain records.
- Maintain and ensure satisfactory availability of the following; AAS, Leco Carbon & Sulphur determinations, Sample shakers, Hotplates and general purpose Ovens.
- Prioritize workloads and ensure that turnaround time obligations on analysis are met.
- Ensure supervision, motivation and productivity of every member of his/her team
- Ensure good communication with co-workers (Metallurgical and Operation Team)
- Train all new personnel on analysis & sampling of process control samples and LIMS related activities.
- Ensure availability of up to date Analytical methods and equipment operating procedures for the section.
- Oversee sampling crew, taking action on auto-sample defects & ensure good quality of samples.
- Ensure availability of reference standards in the section.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the area of responsibility.
- Maintain discipline in the section.
- Perform any reasonable task as instructed by supervisor.
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- BSc. Chemistry or its equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a Mine Laboratory
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: