Brunelli Concrete Ltd invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill in the position of Operations Manager.
Rileporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the overall responsibility of the Operations Manager is to always make sure that production of concrete is on schedule, completed and delivered to the client on time, and that expenses incurred in the production process fall within the stipulated company budget.
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English
- Bachelor’s Degree Civil Engineering or its equivalent
- Master’s Degree in any management or engineering field will be an added advantage
- Membership to the Zambia Institute of Engineering
- Not less than five (5) years’ experience in a similar role
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Effective communication skills
- Good analytical and organisational abilities are of great importance
- Ability to read and interpret specifications
- Ability to work and carry out projects within a stipulated time frame or deadline
- Health & Safety awareness
- Project management
- Change management
- Budgeting and planning
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work hand-in-hand with the clients to create a mutual understanding of the client’s project strategy based on the requirement of the job
- Conduct in-depth reviews and analysis of all client contract documents so as to be familiar with every detail and/or requirements
- Work with safety units in a bid to plan and manage safety programs and make sure that all aspects of safety are adhered to
- Help Client project managers in the arrangement and analysis of projects and scheduling of reports on projects
- Oversee production schedules of the concrete as they are being carried out to make sure that the production is done according to outlined specifications, and that they also conform with client’s project timetable
- Assist in the maintenance, development, and enhancement of the company’s relationship with contractors/clients in a bid to produce strategic partnership
- Recruitment of staff to ensure a constant pool of talent is available
Train and mentor employees in areas of production and project management.
Method of Application
Interested applicants with the requirements stated should submit their applications electronically via e mail consisting of letter and CV only, in a single document, to the email below:
Please indicate the job title in the subject of your e-mail and use your full name as the filename of your application.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.