Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the following positions for an upcoming Department of Defence (DOD) funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project. The project’s goal is to achieve HIV epidemic control by supporting the Defense Force of Zambia (DFZ) to achieve and sustain UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets and at least 90% VMMC coverage for members of the DFZ, their families and the civilian communities they serve.
All successful candidates selected for these positions will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Chipata, Ndola, Lusaka, Kabwe & Kasama.
Reports to: Field Office Manager
To facilitate staff travel on all Jhpiego program activities in country. To facilitate smooth implementation of Jhpiego activities by ensuring the safe travel of Jhpiego staff and the security of the project vehicle.
- Driving Jhpiego staff for project work as required.
- Ensure the assigned Project vehicle is kept clean at all times by washing both the interior and exterior parts of the vehicle.
- Carryout routine checks on the assigned vehicle and ensure they are sound
- To regularly update the motor vehicle log book per each travel and sign off
- Ensure timely conveyance of staff to and from places as instructed by the supervisor or the Team Lead.
- To strictly follow all Road Signage and Traffic Rules at all times.
- Ensure all motor vehicle tools and accessories are in place and in good working condition before undertaking any journey.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all safety regulations such as wearing of safety belts.
- To report any mechanical/Electrical fault to the supervisor for timely rectification of the problem
- Ensure the assigned vehicle is serviced within schedule by reporting the mileage to the supervisor on time
- Conduct a weekly checklist of vehicle condition and submits to supervisor for review.
- Ensure security of the vehicle at all times and that the vehicle is parked in a secured place when not in use
- Adherence to Jhpiego’ s vehicle use policy manual
- Report any instance of mishap or accident to the supervisor for timely action
- Perform daily errands as assigned and assist the program assistant with general duties such as registering participants for payments
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
- Full grade twelve certificate
- Certificate in Business Administration, Office Management, Logistics Management or related will be an added advantage.
- Computer literate
- 5 years’ experience working as a driver preferably in International Non- Governmental Organizations.
- Clean Valid driver’s license (Preferably Class C)
- Experience in providing administrative assistance to a development project.
- Excellent knowledge of traffic rules and road laws of Zambia.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position and location e.g. (Office Manager – Kasama) in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted