Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications for the following positions for an upcoming Department of Defence (DOD) funded HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment project. The project’s goal is to achieve HIV epidemic control by supporting the Defense Force of Zambia (DFZ) to achieve and sustain UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets and at least 90% VMMC coverage for members of the DFZ, their families and the civilian communities they serve.
All successful candidates selected for these positions will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location: Chipata, Ndola, Lusaka, Kabwe & Kasama
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Advisor
- MER Systems Development & Implementation
- Daily/monthly data collection, collation and compilation from health facilities
- Conduct Routine data quality assessments, update indicator performance trackers, prepare data review presentations, bulletins and consolidate monthly reports.
- Support data management and reporting for program quality assessments/initiatives.
- Provide evidence to inform project strategies and work plans aligned with project objectives
- Development of donor reports and other organisation wide reporting requirements using DATIM and other internal systems
- Prepare Institutional Review Board (IRB) submission packages and manage IRB processes from submission through approval working with all mandatory agencies
- Identify abstracts and potential manuscripts, support drafting of abstracts and papers, ensuring data inputs and accurate results with appropriate statistical tests.
- Organize and facilitate evaluation dissemination events with appropriate dissemination tools
- Ensures that evaluation reports and datasets are archived as required ensuring confidentiality and integrity.
Technical Assistance for M&E and HMIS Strengthening:
- Assessment of MER & HMIS gaps and implement appropriate technical assistance services working closely with facility staff in supported sites
- Support Data Quality Improvement (DQI) approaches and collaborate with MOH at provincial and district level to conduct appropriate DQI activities as required
- Support deployment of context appropriate data analysis, data review and data use tools to supported locations
- Organise provincial learning events and visits for cross learning across districts and provinces
- Support capacity building for research and evaluations including abstracts and manuscript development
- Knowledge Management & Stakeholder Management:
- Identify case studies and success stories from project reports and activities
- Support team members to review and rewrite case studies and success stories
- Support knowledge asset identification, archiving and retrieval, following up with provincial project team members to ensure organisational Knowledge Management tools are consistently used
- Develop and update project bulletins (internal and external)
- Cultivate strategic MER relationships and alliances with other implementing partners
- Recruitment and mentorship of data associates and facility personnel.
- Bachelors degree in Demography, Development Studies, Statistics or equivalent.
- 6-7 experience in successful field implementation and management of M&E programs.
- Experience in implementing USG funded programs with understanding of donor regulations, compliance and reporting requirements.
- Strong data analysis and data management skills
- Technical skills in monitoring and evaluation, including at least 4-5 of the following:
- Data quality improvement
- Timely data analysis, synthesis and communication of results
- Design and implementation of evaluation protocols
- Design and implementation of program monitoring systems
- Development and field-testing of data collection instruments for M&E indicators
- Data collection planning and implementation (routine or survey)
- Translation of complex data systems and results into understandable lessons learned and action priorities for programmatic and other technical staff
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, leadership, supervisory and conflict management skills
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently with very little supervision.
- A team player with ability to work with a very diverse group of people and environment.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results
- Strong communication (writing and oral presentation) skills
Method of Application
Please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only in a single document, stating the position and location e.g. (Office Manager – Kasama) in the subject line to the Human Resources Manager:
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted