This position will be part of the Zambia Customer Experience team that is based in Lusaka, Zambia, and it reports to the Zambia Managing Director. As Head of Customer Experience, you will lead the Customer Experience Department within Fenix Zambia. You will lead a team of 100+ individuals across contact centres, service centres, and field customer experience agents. You will lead, mentor and support the Zambia Customer Experience leadership team of 10+ managers. You will be responsible for promoting customer-centric operations within Fenix, ensuring strong customer to business feedback loops, and ensuring that Fenix product and service development matches customer requirements and needs. You will find ways to provide an exceptional customer experience to our rapidly expanding customer base whilst becoming more efficient at scale. This position requires strategic leadership, team leadership and management, systems and process improvement, project management, continual innovation and growth, and a high degree of data proficiency.
Customer Experience Team Leadership:
- Leadership: Provide exceptional leadership to the Customer Experience teams (100+ individuals) across call center, service centers and field-based agents. This includes, but is not limited to the following roles and responsibilities:
- Lead, mentor and provide managerial support to the Customer Experience Leadership team (10+ manager level staff).
- Create and communicate a strong vision,
- Ensure the Customer Experience teams embody A2E’s core values,
- Build a high-performing, passionate team with a strong culture,
- Relentlessly pursue an exceptional customer experience, and drive innovation to ensure A2E is a market leader.
- Goal, target, & incentive setting: Ensure the team has clear goals, targets, and incentives to support key company goals.
- Delivery & execution: Build and manage a group of highly motivated teams and individuals to collaborate on achieving growth, revenue and portfolio quality targets.
Customer Experience Strategy and Innovation:
- Strategy & planning: Develop annual Customer Experience strategy, goals, key performance indicators. You will work with the CX leadership team to ensure that all customer-facing team members understand the overall strategy and how their work fits within it.
- Financial management and stewardship: Oversee the CX department’s financial performance at the highest level by providing support and strategic guidance to the finance team and departments to properly budget, forecast, and review expenses and revenues. You will build and track to an annual budget of ~$1m+.
- Business excellence & iterative improvement: Take overall responsibility for the quality of customer experience. Continuously iterate to improve on processes that maximize efficiency and customer experience. You will be responsible for running 10-20+ individual end-to-end improvement projects with your leadership team on an annual basis.
- Build strong Customer “Pulse”: As Head of Customer Experience you will ensure the team has a strong understanding of our customer experience. You will spend time at our customer touch-points across the country to understand our customers as well as develop strong, close working relationships with our customer-facing teams.
- Data-driven operations: A2E is a data driven company, and the Customer Experience strategy and operational decision making is highly driven by complex and changing data. You will build on already-strong data systems and develop a strong understanding throughout the team on how to use this data to improve the customer experience.
- Organizational reporting: Collate team reports and report feedback to contribute directly to A2E leadership. Provide management insights and analysis on key performance indicators and progress towards targets.
- Promote Customer-Driven Operations and Culture across all A2E functions.
- Customer to Business feedback systems: Ensure customer feedback is constantly and accurately passed to product, service, quality assurance, software and other support terms to ensure product and service improvements reflect customer feedback.
- Promote Customer Voice: Represent customer opinion and feedback in high level strategic discussions. Ensure customer feedback is represented in all major decision making.
- Connect A2E Team to our Customers: Develop ways to ensure all teams are connected to our customers, understand our customers, and ensure that individual contributor work is connected to the overall impact on our customers.
- Lead the IT team
Required Skills & Experience:
- Proven leadership experience. We are looking for someone with significant leadership experience at multiple levels for at least 5 years; at least 3 of them with large entry level teams; track record of exceptional people leadership (ideally in teams >100)
- Experience working within a growth company. Ideally someone who has planned, developed, and scaled a company, making significant contributions towards revenue growth
- Strong track record of results. You will have a strong, proven track record of achieving strong results in previous positions.
- Project Management Experience: Exceptional project management abilities with the ability to delegate and mentor individuals to successfully run end-to-end projects.
- Innovation and Growth: constant drive to identify operational weaknesses and implement systems and process improvements.
- Budget Management Experience: Will be responsible for developing and tracking to $1m+ annual budget.
- Passion for improving the quality of life of our customers
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain big-picture vision while simultaneously focusing on the minute details
- Ability to use data to make smart decisions, whilst maintaining the ability to make decisions in the absence of data if it doesn’t exist
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English)
- High competency with IT and technology
- Work experience in an emerging economy
Highly Desired Skills & Experience:
- Understanding of and experience working with the rural BOP market in Southern Africa
- Sales experience in Africa
- Experience with an energy company, FMCG company, telecom and/or MFI
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: