Young Women in Action (YWA) is a non-governmental, membership based, non-profit making, youth-led, youth-focused organization that was formally registered with the Registrar of Societies in June 2002 by a group of young women and men to spearhead the advancement of young women’s issues and concerns.
The mandate of YWA is to empower young women in Leadership Development, Gender and Development, Sexual Reproductive Health Rights and Socio-economic empowerment through capacity building, mentorship, advocacy, lobbying and networking.
YWA is an equal opportunity employer, therefore the recruitment processes used are designed to prevent any discrimination on the basis of race, tribe, and place of origin, political opinion, colour, gender, sexuality, pregnancy or HIV/AIDS status.
A vacancy has arisen in the organisation for the position of Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO). Therefore, YWA is inviting candidates with the following experience, qualifications and competencies.
Job Type: Full-Time (one year with possible renewal)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce periodic management reports to senior staff and the board, in complete summaries and standards
- Implement funding tracking/monitoring system, monitoring grant expenditures in order to identify irregularities while ensuring financial and management manual compliance
- Prepare Cash Flow statements and expenditure accounts
- Follow the outline in the particular partner agreements when compiling financial reports
- Prepare periodic budgetary control statements to determine projects financial performance and suggest concrete action
- Documenting financial information and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organisation
- Undertake financial monitoring on activities for the projects, and undertake troubleshooting and suggest corrective action where necessary
- (Prepare financial reports on monthly basis for internal use and for external reports, and financial monitoring outputs from projects
- Work with the Executive Director and Programs Officer to prepare project, annual and multi-year budgets
- Analyse variances and explore potential problems with project budget, working closely with staff to forecast and address any variances
- Process cheques and code expenditure (travel, advances, impress and purchase requisitions)
- Provide technical assistance to program staff in managing financial documentations and for project financial management
- (m) Provide technical assistance to the programme staff to ensure that project implementation processes and procedures are in line with the funding agencies’ standards
- Monitoring and reviewing financial reports against agreed project budgets to ensure validity of expenditure
- Participate in internal and external audits by providing documents and answering audit queries
- Update and maintain project tracking financial data-base on regular basis
- Provide quality technical advice on administration and financial issues
- Provide knowledge and skills sharing with project colleagues on administration and financial management of the project
- Manage all HR matters including contracts, payroll, insurances and the continuous performance appraisal cycle
- Ensure all staff attend to responsibilities allocated to them
- Ensure compliance to tax and labour statutory obligations are adhered to e.g. NAPSA, PAYE, Registrar of Societies, leave days, NHI etc.
- Undertake other works, commensurate with experience as directed by the Executive Director
- Exceptional communication skills (oral and written)
- Independent worker, team player, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Minimum Qualification and Related Experience:
- Minimum of Level three (III) ACCA, CIMA or ZICA
- At least three years of professional experience as Finance Officer.
- Experience in managing donor funded projects
- Must be a paid up member of ZICA
- Experience in pastel, data entry and administrative duties.
- Work experience in an NGO will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
To apply for this job Please forward your cover letter and CV with traceable referees to the email below:
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.