The PEPFAR-funded Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) Global Health Consortium (GHC) project is designed to transform clinical HIV practice to provide high quality, comprehensive, inter-professional care, and treatment to people living with HIV with the ultimate goal of improving the quality of healthcare, clinic workflow, and team building leading to improved health outcomes.
Meharry Medical College Global Health and HIV Clinical Services is a consortium of the HBCU project and is currently implementing projects aimed at improving the quality of care for mothers and babies in selected Ministry of Health (MOH) healthcare facilities in the country. Meharry is working on expanding its work to additional MOH facilities. As a result of this expansion, the project is recruiting for the following full-time positions to be based at the scale up sites in Lusaka.
Reporting to the Senior Pharmacy Technician, the Pharmacy Technician will:
- Manage and coordinate quality delivery of capacity strengthening interventions in paediatric ART at the facility.
- Synchronize clinical and pharmacy appointment systems for moms and babies (0 – 5 years old) in the MCH clinic at the facility.
- Keep track of daily print-out of expected clinical and pharmacy appointments in MCH with same day tracing.
- Track the care coordination of ART for mothers and babies using the care coordination model and improve adherence in moms and babies.
- Build the capacity of community-based healthcare facilities in the management of ART for moms and babies focusing on adherence support, monitoring of adverse drug reactions (ADR) and compliance with clinic appointments.
- Coordinate and collaborate with MCH staff to ensure quality delivery of capacity strengthening interventions in pharmacy at facility level.
- Participate in the collection as well as extraction of patient data including MERs with particular emphasis on PMTCT.
- Participate actively in assessment and improvement of pharmacy service quality in paediatric ART at the facility.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Meharry Management.
Skills and Qualifications
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with at least 5 years’ experience working in ART.
- Registered with the Health Professions Council of Zambia.
- Knowledge on current Zambia consolidated guidelines for treatment of HIV.
- Knowledge on current paediatric antiretroviral drugs regimen, and ART management of pregnant and breastfeeding moms.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Familiar with electronic platforms for data entries, i.e., HTC/ART, Smartcare, HMIS, eSCMIS (formerly eLMIS), patient charts and registries in MCH
- Fluency in English; excellent written and oral communication skills, including facilitation and cross-cultural communication; attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Method of Application
For consideration please send cover letter and CV with position applied for in the subject line to this email below:
Please note that due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.