Founded in 2019, EMERALD’S mission is to empower emerging market individuals and entrepreneurs with financial access. As a start up it has been an exciting and challenging journey developing the business case in an unstable environment that the whole world is fighting. As our first of many achievements in the horizon, we believe that we have the opportunity of a lifetime to connect every entrepreneur to financial products they need to grow and prosper. We need exceptional people in key roles to make that happen. Joining Emerald requires boldness, resilience, and innovation. You will need to embrace change and operate comfortably in uncharted territory.
Emerald Is looking for a
Principal Portfolio Manager:
As Principal Portfolio Manager you will be accountable for co-creating and executing the portfolio strategy to achieve maximum active customer penetration in the portfolios and within set mandates. Furthermore, delivering predictable portfolio performance and growth by leveraging data driven enhancements of the customer value proposition and financial product innovation. The position is in Lusaka and will report to the CEO.
The Principal Portfolio Manager will be responsible for communicating, reporting, tracking and monitoring current and potential portfolio performance, through integrating cross functionality. Furthermore, bringing together the insights, methodologies, and capabilities, in order to execute a predictable and cohesive portfolio strategy. The successful candidate should have a strong background in the mobile money space, experience in managing complex stakeholder relationships, and will exhibit extremely strong attention to detail. The candidate will be required to provide high-level strategic input into the development of product roadmaps and to ensure that all KPIs around product, customer and portfolio are successfully met or exceeded.
If you join us, you’ll:
- Execute on the strategic vision of the business across asset, liability and loyalty products.
- Excellence in thought leadership and execution across the management of the Portfolios, incorporating Credit Risk, Fraud Risk, and regulatory requirements.
- Establish strong working relationship with peers and stakeholders to address cross-functional processes and influence changes outside of the team.
- Monitor, manage, and implement remedial action on portfolios, through careful consideration of internal factors (manage the portfolio risks within mandates on credit, fraud, AML, and operational risks) and external factors (regulatory, country, eco-system, and partner risks) which may cause portfolio performance shifts.
- Analyse portfolios to identify pockets of risk or opportunity and develop proactive strategies that assist in optimizing predictable portfolio performance.
- Ensure adequate communication, reporting, tracking and monitoring of portfolio performance.
- Sustain rapport with key relationships by making daily visits; exploring specific needs resolving challenges and anticipating new opportunities.
What you’ll need:
- University degree in either Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Risk Management, or equivalent industry training and experience.
- Strong and independent person who maintains focus on delivering results within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Intellectually curious.
- Proven ability in analytics, business acumen, and communicating recommendations across all levels within an organisation.
- Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; and coordinating new product development and managing execution.
- Understanding of financial metrics in relation to portfolio management and the associated forecasting thereof.
- Knowledge and application of: predication, segmentation, as well as risk and fraud management techniques – across the entire credit life cycle on consumer portfolios.
- Proven ability of building out processes and driving operation excellence.
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience in Mobile Money / Mobile Financial services
- Experience in project management and leading a team would be advantageous
- Very good understanding and experience of financial products and performance, including credit risk, dynamics of lending, saving and insurance would be beneficial.
Things you’ll love:
- Collaborating with smart, engaging people
- Working for impact
- Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
- Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
- Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
- Being autonomous and empowered to lead
- Information Technology & Services
Method of Application
Cover letter, resume and qualifications to be addressed to:
The Head Human Resources,
Emerald Finance Ltd,
PO Box 38182,