An international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation is implementing a project with the title Multi-sectoral interventions to prevent the spread and mitigate the impact of COVID-19 pandemic in Western Province and Lusaka, Zambia. The project aims at strengthening public health responses and improving community awareness, to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigating its impact.
The Project Officer is responsible for securing implementation of project with focus on community awareness, support of public health response and livelihoods support under the CCR Mongu Field/ Lusaka Office. Project Officer is also in charge of overall management of the field office and its employees.
- Responsible for overall management and coordination of the Project activities and quality of implementation in Mongu/Lusaka district.
- Works closely with Project Manager and Project Team in Mongu/Lusaka district on annual planning and reporting and overall management and coordination of the program
- Prepares inputs for monthly expenditure and work plans, monthly reports and other relevant documents to the CCR mission & donors (including the needs for subordinates, logistics are met in advance) and submits them to Project Manager
- Implementing project activities according to the project document focusing on quality delivery and project impacts and results (in line with organizational and donor guidelines, manuals and official legal procedures of partners).
- Ensure linkages and coordination with key stakeholders throughout project on district level including Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Agriculture and other relevant ministries and institutions
- Provide guidance in decision making concerning daily planning and realisation of activities in accordance with approved project schedules and budgets
- Cooperate with field staff on activity planning and their implementation
- Maintain necessary project administration
- Contributing to the mission strategic planning together with the mission management
- Strong motivation and commitment to the work
- Minimum of Bachelor university degree in a social/development studies, degree in public health, or other relevant field; advanced degree is an asset
- Proven track of experience in project management and project leadership at least 3 years
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Excellent English language skills
- Working experience in the non-profit or in an international organization an asset
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, time-management, ability to work under stress and in difficult conditions
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work in accordance with the Caritas Code of Ethics
Starting date: Immediately:
Caritas Czech republic is an equal opportunity and treatment employer and provides all the employees a work environment free from any form of discrimination based on race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religion and creed, disability. Furthermore, Caritas Czech republic provide employees with a safe environment with zero tolerance of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and other unethical behaviour in the workplace.
Duty station: Mongu/Lusaka (indicate in your motivation letter and Subject email preferred duty station)
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of detailed CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the, to the following email address: Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please use the following subject in your email/post: Project Officer – Mongu/ Lusaka (depending on your preffered location)
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Project Officer – Mongu/Lusaka – curriculum vitae Surname, Name, Project Officer – Mongu/Lusaka– cover letter