The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement Zambia Ltd, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professionals in the following disciplines:
Monitor the Kiln Section of the production line from the Central Control Room to ensure precision and adherence to standards in the cement production process.
Provide relevant information and direction to patrollers and operators in the production line based on monitored operations in liaison with the shift coordinators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing DCZL approved production plan.
- Monitor and control all sections of the plant process lines to ensure stable equipment operation, employee safety and compliance with prescribed standards and environmental regulations.
- Log in process data at specified intervals; document and report operational activities accordingly.
- Ensure smooth operation of the kiln by providing constant feedback and relevant guidance to process engineers, field attendants and machine operators in the execution of field work.
- Inform field attendants and operators of failures, potential failures or trouble spots and provide direction for problem solving.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot potential operating problems, either in consultation with shift coordinators, engineers and section head or independently when immediate action is necessary to ensure production resumes.
- Continuously review the plant automation system and make recommendations for improvement bas on leading practices.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the process/production manager.
Education and Work Experience:
- Full Grade 12 certificate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in the Cement or Lime Industry.
- Skills and Competencies:
- Working knowledge of cement production process.
- Good knowledge of relevant parameters and standards applicable to cement manufacturing
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Good interpersonal and relationship management skills
- The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The Head HR & Admin and send them to the email below:
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter, Latest CV Only.
Positions should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Shift In-Charge”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.