The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employment in accordance with the provisions of the Workers Compensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the vacant position below.
To inspect and supervise building construction and maintenance works at various properties of the board across the country so as to improve and maintain high standards of the properties.
- Undertake routine site inspections on Board property and prepares technical reports so as to highlight any possible defects requiring attention
- Attends to tenants’ complaints by way of inspecting the reported defects and prepare technical reports with recommendations for remedial action
- Prepare architectural drawings, scope of works, specifications, Bills of Quantities and Estimates of works for workers compensation Fund Control Board in order to assist with the assessing af cost implications
- Supervise maintenance works carried out by both hired contractors and internal artisans, prepare progress reports and certify completed works for payment purposes
- Evaluate bids submitted by contractors and recommendations to management so that the responsive contractors earn,’ out works on Board Properties
- Carry out tenancy screening for potential tenants, make recommendations to management and, thereafter prepare tenancy agreements
- Carry out lease administration
- Distribute rental invoices, manage the rental collections and make reconciliations so as to maintain an updated payment profile for all commercial and residential tenants
- Carry out Routine maintenance works on the buildings
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics
- B.Eng. /BSc Degree Civil Engineering, Architecture, Quantity Surveying qualification or equivalent
- Must be a member of a Relevant Professional Body i.e. SIZ, DIZ or ZIA
- At least three (3) years’ relevant experience
- A post qualification in Project Management will be an added advantage.
- A strong team player and proactive
- Sense of urgency with ability to prioritize
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- MUST have a Valid Driver’s license of two years and above
- Numerical and interpersonal skills
- Good personal organization
- Computer literacy
Method of Application
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone / mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address:
Manager – Human Resources and Administration,
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board,
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road,
PO Box 71534,
VISION ZEROOO 2030
Safety. Healthy. Wellbeing
Please note that you DO NOT need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum job requirements and note also that only successful candidates will be contacted.
WORKERS COMPENSATION FUND CONTROL BOARD ENDEAVORS TO PROMOTE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND NONDISCRIMINATION IN ALL EMPLOYMENT MATTERS