Zanaco PLC is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Credit Risk Division under the Corporate Credit Department under the Credit Appraisal Unit at Head Office: –
To minimise the Bank’s credit risk exposure and maximise portfolio profitability by evaluating and determining the risk associated with credit through thorough appraisal of Corporate Credit applications, recommendation for approval of acceptable credit in adherence to the Bank’s credit policy and risk appetite
Under the supervision of the Credit Appraisal Head, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- Provide input into Action Plans for Corporate Credit Department and ensure effective follow through.
- Performs historical trend and ratio analysis and properly assesses cash flow, collateral, industry risks, guarantor strength and all other major risks to the Bank in lending to these customers.
- Process credit applications for new accounts, and perform annual & interim reviews on existing facilities within SLA as needed, and ensure that there are no overdue reviews.
- Analyze applicant’s financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan request.
- To receive and conduct thorough evaluation of Corporate Credit applications, including risk adjusted pricing of credit to ensure that only acceptable credit is approved.
- To recommend approval or disapproval of corporate credit applications to the relevant committees within the prescribed delegations of authority and ensure approval within agreed time frames (SLAs)
- Innovatively structure credit transactions and utilize various financing options to ensure that customer needs met are consistent with risk management philosophy and principles.
- Participate in coordinating all activities to implement company policies, procedures, and practices concerning underwriting, applications, and granting or extending credit.
- Effectively prepare and participate in departmental monthly Portfolio Review Meetings and carry out tasks as assigned from time to time
- Actively monitor sanctioned facilities and ensure that there are no overdue reviews
- Effectively prepare and participate in Potential provisions meetings when called upon.
- Participate in credit committee meeting where credit papers are being discussed.
- Ensure credit files are complete with important documents (i.e. offer letters, CRB Reports, Financials, credit papers, Board /MCC Resolutions etc
- Follow up all Early Alert Accounts and give feedback to the business so that these accounts are proactively managed and regularized
- Work with the Credit Administration Team and be on stand by, ready to relieve of the team members in Credit Admin when needed.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank’s standards and regulatory requirements pertaining to Money Laundering and KYC.
- Participate in and/or support the Bank’s effort in combating money-laundering activities
- Exercise due care and diligence on matters related to Money Laundering and KYC in the day to day operations, which include account reviews, transaction monitoring, reporting suspicions customer communication, implementing new requirements, updating and revising operating procedures acquire relevant knowledge and training, provide support to superior and subordinates
- Interact with business officers to gather information relative to a customer being analyzed or to discuss issues with the credit.
- Occasionally attends joint calls with the relationship managers/credit analysts to gather more information about the customers
- Acts as a training resource for junior credit analysts and new entrants when called upon to engage the different business units and understand their requirements
- To ensure credit appraisal services are delivered within approved SLA provisions
- To act as Secretariat to the Credit committee and Board Credit by taking minutes, follow up on actions, Board paper preparation and management of Board resolutions
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned by management
- External: Bank of Zambia, Creditors, AfDB, DEG, World Bank, IMF, External Auditors
- Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Business or related field
- At least five (5) years’ experience in Credit Risk Management in the Banking Industryworking
- Certifications: Financial Risk Manager (FRM) and/or Professional Risk Manager (PRM) Certification will be added advantage.
Job Core Competencies:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Presentation and Reporting skills
- Research/ Information gathering skills
- Credit Analysis
- Attention to detail
- Team work
- Business Acumen
- Reporting/Communication skills
- Understanding of applicable Legislation and standards
Method of Application
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to the email below:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).