Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Reporting to: Country Director and Program Manager
- Oversee the development of the program design with key stakeholders and ensure it complies and is compatible with the LWI global strategic plan
- Responsible for the programmatic delivery of the LWI approved country strategy
- Responsible to ensure programs operate under LWI global quality standards
- Manage all field level program coordinators – this includes but is not limited to program delivery / design, performance management, monitoring work schedules, discipling coordinators, developing trainings, training materials and staff coordination
- Co-lead project design as part of the SMT, revise project objectives and create logical framework matrix (activities, processes, inputs, outputs, outcomes and impacts) for program alignment with programming
- Report to SMT monthly on program progress
- Write monthly, quarterly and annual reports per regional guidelines and submit within deadlines
- Direct visits with coordinators in their work areas (minimum of once per week per coordinator)
- Manage external consultants and individuals sub-contracted to implement hardware contracts and other program components
- Develop relationships with major stakeholders in WPA areas
- Execute other tasks as required for the successful implementation of the program.
- Supports the Country Office Strategic plan regarding Water Supply Development initiatives.
- Review water and sanitation structures to provide access to safe water and sanitation.
- Advise the country office on current government and global WASH standards, procedures and policies in a timely manner.
- Provide direction and execution of construction of projects in accordance with, verifying that the execution complies in accordance to the Quality Standards for Programs and donor requirements.
- Takes control in the execution of the projects and report the same in accordance with the internal and external clients’ requirement.
- Manage and supervise staff in WPA
- Performs other tasks as assigned by his supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Degree in a technical or managerial field – engineering/business administration/international development or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in program design, strategy implementation and leadership
- Personnel/Team management experience, 3 years’ experience in financial analysis/budget management
- Knowledge and experience with WASH sector guidelines and best practices
- Knowledge and experience in program report writing
- Knowledge and experience in program design
- Knowledge and experience designing or delivering WASH programming
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations
- Oral Communication/Presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in rural environments with little to no infrastructure
- License to drive a manual vehicle
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in both English and vernacular (Such as Nyanja, chi-chewa)
- Experience in managing water supply operations preferably water supply drilling operations.
- Ability to work well as a team and lead a team effectively
- Experience in composing informative technical documents
- Experience in preparing diagnostic and feasibility reports of clean water projects
- Ability to use Microsoft Office packages
- Knowledge of GPS and location of projects using Google Maps
- An active Member of Engineering Association of Zambia with a valid registration
A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
Submit applications through the email or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
We encourage you to visit our website: for more information about our work.
ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.