Living Water International (LWI) is a global non-governmental organization that exists to demonstrate the love of God by helping communities acquire desperately needed clean water, and experience “living water” (the gospel of Jesus Christ) which alone satisfies the deepest thirst. Living Water provide safe drinking water, Christian Witness, Sanitation and Hygiene Education to communities across Africa. Multiple positions exist in the Zambia Country Office all positions will be based in CHIPATA:
Reporting to: Program Manager and Project Manager
Program design and operations:
- Support the Programs Manager in the implementation of a planning, monitoring and evaluation system according to the LWI Country Strategy Plan.
- Support WPA teams in planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Organize annual planning and review meetings.
- Produce major reports and case studies on M&E lessons from LWI work,
- Implementing M&E training programs for staff that will enhance and develop skills required to perform their jobs in assessment, design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Support proposal writing and other fundraising activities
M&E system and Information Management:
- Implement LWI Monitoring and Evaluation strategies including baselines, evaluations and monitoring activities.
- Provide technical support to LWI staff in developing and applying a simple, systematic, effective and participatory system of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Reviewing/creating and maintaining relevant database in support of LWI operations.
- Design and implement periodic field studies and other data collection instruments for the purposes of learning the effects of program interventions.
- Collect qualitative and quantitative data for enhancing planning and implementation of programmes.
- Verifying and validating at least 10% of the data reported.
- Ensure up to date databases that provide real-time accurate and complete information on WASH program implementation and resource utilisation.
- Update of indicators and ensure minimum standards for measurement of project impact and program excellence are followed.
Reporting and Capacity Building:
- Capacity building of program staff in M&E.
- Prepare concise WPA reports for Consolidation by PM.
- Assess equipment and Software needs for M&E and ensure appropriate, effective and efficient software/equipment is maintained.
Documentation and Research:
- Co-ordinate and facilitate action research on important issues in the water and sanitation sector as identified by LWI country office.
- Support in-country efforts to develop local learning systems and production of learning products on regular basis for dissemination in-country and internationally within LWI and its stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- MUST be a committed Christian with personal relationship with Christ Jesus
- Degree in one of the following – Water Engineering; Statistics; Public Health; Social Sciences; Development Studies or a related field.
- A post graduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation is required.
- At least five (5) years Development working experience in an INGO setting, with at least two (2) of the 5 years being field experience managing Monitoring and Evaluation work.
- Experience in project cycle management
- Practical, hands-on skills in managing a monitoring and Evaluation system including its review, tools development, and Information management.
- Thorough understanding and experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection methods, including sampling, survey design, data analysis, and application of these methods to project monitoring and evaluation standards in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
- Experience in at least two M&E design frameworks (Logical frameworks, Theory of Change, or Outcome Mapping)
- Proven computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the design, analysis and reporting of quantitative and Qualitative surveys.
- Strong analytical skills (use of analytical software at least one -SPSS, STATA, EPI INFO, ALTLAS IT, ARC-GIS, NIVIVO)
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in both English and vernacular (Such as Nyanja, chi-chewa)
- Previous experience in the design and delivery of capacity building trainings in M&E.
- Experience providing technical assistance in MIS/M&E.
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical programs and excel
- Knowledge and experience with WASH sector guidelines and best practices
- Knowledge and experience designing or delivering WASH programming
- Knowledge and understanding of local community and social/cultural constraints for effective project design and implementation
- Capacity building of finance and nonfinance staff.
- Competence in writing high quality reports, exhibiting detailed and professional attributes Highly proficient in English both spoken and written;
- Oral Communication/Presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in rural environments with little to no infrastructure.
- License to drive a motorcycle and manual vehicle is preferred
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of base time.
A one-page application letter of up to 1000 words, spelling out how the applicant meets the qualifications and job requirements above. (Education, similar experience, Christian belief, skills etc)
Send an updated CV (not more than (4) four pages) with Bio data, work experience, education etc.
Do not send copies of your qualifications at this stage.
Position applied for should be included in the subject line of your email when sending in your application.
Submit applications through the email or hand delivered to our office Plot 33F, Off Leopards Lane Kabulonga Lusaka
LWI in Zambia is equal opportunity employer, and therefore qualified females are encouraged to apply.
All documents submitted will not be returned and are subject to authenticity and background checks.
A recommendation from your local pastor / church leader will be an added advantage.
ONLY finalists shall be contacted, if you do not hear from us by 30th September 2020, consider your application unsuccessful.
We encourage you to visit our website: for more information about our work.
ONLY Applicants that STRICTLY meet the qualifications and person specifications should apply.