To develop and coordinate the implementation of records management and archives policy, strategies, and programmes in order to enhance the management of records and administration of archives in the bank.
- Devise a system and conduct or review functional analysis of business areas due to changes and developments in operations to facilitate the design of classification systems and schedules
- Develop an appropriate policy for the effective and efficient management of records and archives
- Develop strategies to provide direction in the development and implementation of records management and archives programmes
- Develop and conduct records management and archives awareness programmes among members of staff
- Manage the records management system so as to enhance business operations and promote effectiveness in the management of records
- Coordinate the appraisal and disposal of semi-active records to facilitate destruction and archiving
- Coordinate the establishment and management of records and archives facilities in line with applicable standards and best practices
- Develop and coordinate archives digitisation programmes in order to improve accessibility, storage and retrieval of records and preservation of the originals
- Coordinate disaster preparedness plan for records and archives to ensure business continuity and protection of archival records
- Plan and budget for sufficient resources to ensure efficient and effective implementation of records management and archives programmes; and
- Provide advice to management on records management and archives issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies or Archives and Records Management
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes:
- Good understanding of records management and archives procedures and practices.
- Conversant with records management and archives Systems.
- Relevant experience in records management and archives work in a large and reputable institution.
Conditions of Service:
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that the position is on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm or address their hardcopy applications to the postal address appearing below. Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be enclosed with or attached to the online or hardcopy applications.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that the Bank of Zambia has automated its recruitment process. With effect from 1 January 2021, the Bank will ONLY accept online job applications and hard copy applications will no longer be processed.
The Director – Human Resources,
Bank of Zambia,
PO BOX 30080,