To ensure change initiatives meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing employee adoption and usage. This role will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, job roles and organization structures. The primary responsibility will be creating and implementing change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance to change initiatives. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, return on investments and the achievement of results and outcomes.
- Apply change management processes and tools to support implementation of projects and drive the Bank’s digital transformation initiatives.
- Lead the design, development, delivery and management of change: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan and resistance management plan.
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and identify key stakeholders.
- Monitor emerging issues/trends in organisational structures to ensure that the Bank’s organisation architecture is appropriately aligned and integrated.
- Coordinate efforts with PMO and integrate change management activities into project plans.
- Identify, analyse and prepare change management assessments and risk mitigation actions.
- Coordinate organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities and capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units.
- Develop programmes and tools for business process and organisation design, to entrench a performance excellence culture in the Bank.
- Develop and implement feedback mechanisms that enable development and improvement of business-led digital transformations.
- Coordinate with IT on enterprise business and process architecture.
- Support change management at the organizational level.
- Manage the change portfolio in the Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
- MSc/MA/MBA in Organizational Change Management, Human Resources, Business, or a related field.
- At least five (5) years’ relevant experience.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better).
- Certifications and/or experience in Change Management, Project Management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), or related areas.
- Demonstrated track record of managing and leading organizational transformations.
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Knowledge and understanding of the discipline, methodology, and practices of change management
- Developing, managing, and leading teams
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
Conditions of Service:
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that the position is on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates meeting the above role specifications are invited to apply online, via the BOZ Career page on www.boz.zm or address their hardcopy applications to the postal address appearing below. Applicants’ detailed curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of certificates and National Registration Card MUST be enclosed with or attached to the online or hardcopy applications.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly note that the Bank of Zambia has automated its recruitment process. With effect from 1 January 2021, the Bank will ONLY accept online job applications and hard copy applications will no longer be processed.
The Director – Human Resources,
Bank of Zambia,
PO BOX 30080,