ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable, and sustainable world. AAZ works with the marginalized, excluded women and young people, their organizations, and social movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality, and poverty. ActionAid Zambia is undertaking the recruitment for experienced and suitably qualified Zambians to fill in the following three Project based positions. The recruitments are subject to the signing of the MOU with the Funder.
Position 3: Finance Officer Duration: 3 years fixed term contract
- To implement and ensure compliance by project staff and partners to the finance policies of the organization and maintain financial records in accordance with AAZ LFPPM, other related organizational policies and the national laws, international accounting standards and other statutory requirements and best practices.
- Review and preparation of payments relating to project expenditures
- Capturing of all payments in SUN System
- Reconciliation of Bank account on a monthly basis
- Reconcile of Project Balances in accordance with the organizational chart of accounts and Finance manual.
- Monthly reconciliations of Balance sheet accounts allocated by the Grant Accountant.
- Preparation and submission of Monthly Management reports to Grant Accountant
- Preparation of quarterly and annual financial reports in conjunction with the project manager
- Participate and provide technical input in procurement process and meetings, technical input to other unit budget processes, staff couching and training, queries and consultations from staff
- Ensure that the project bank accounts (both foreign exchange and in local currency) are sufficiently funded for the period of implementation
- Preparation and submission of the projected cashflows to the Grant Accountant
- Review Financial reports from partners for accuracy, completeness and conformity to grant agreement provisions and organizational policies, capturing expenditure in the accounting system and recommend transfer of funds.
- Provide adequate and timely feedback to the partners on any financial issues identified in the financial reports.
- Ensure the partner financial reports which are approved are captured in SUN.
- Ensure timely disbursements of funds to partners meeting the requirements for disbursements,
- Conduct Trimester Partner monitoring, evaluation and support visits.
- Ensure timely disbursements of funds to partners and payments to other clients.
- Train and give support to partners on financial system and procedures
- Preparation of the project annual budget based on the work plan developed by the project manager
- Quarterly review of budgets based on reported expenditure for recommendation to the Project Manager
- Participate in budget development for project proposals
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Professional qualification in ACCA final level or CIMA level 2
- Registered member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants
- 5 years’ experience in a multi-cultural, multiple project environment with experience in grant management in an NGO or development sector
- Experience of financial capacity building and delivering participative training to partners.
- Good track record in delivering accurate, high quality work and financial and project reports to deadlines and to required standards.
- Experience in preparing plans and budgets, management and financial reporting, analyzing and interpreting financial reports and plans.
- Good working knowledge and demonstrated experience of computerized accounting packages and MS office (advanced skills in Excel), experience in SUN and Vision, an advantage.
- Familiar with accounting fundamentals
- Strong project management and administrative skills.
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and summarise financial records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Experience in planning and budgeting and Audit reporting.
- Good organisational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven understanding of donor reporting e.g. EU Fund.
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to manage relationships with key clients or stakeholders across the organisation.
Method of Application
Application: To apply for this position, please send your updated Curriculum Vitae and cover letter highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address: Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line followed by your name.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted/successful candidates.