Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 1,500 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.3% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
This position reports to the Mechanical Foreman
Core Purpose of the Position
To ensure that equipment maintenance is carried out in line with the mine standards through effective maintenance.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Perform statutory inspections and exams in accordance with Mine Regulations and Safety Act regulation standards
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to maintenance requirements.
- Report all defects and breakdowns on winding plant equipment to the foreman and log in the machinery/drivers log books
- Develop, modify, construct and install related equipment required for the safe operation of all engineering equipment.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Communicate with clients and supervisors to inform on maintenance activities performed and re-start of the winding plant equipment.
- Able to create and maintain job cards.
- Ensure personal and co-workers’ adherence and compliance to Security and Company’s SHE objectives.
- To carry out specialized skill functions and shut down works to specified dimensions.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in the section.
- Follow laid out work safety, maintenance procedures and fill in appropriate task checklist
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Grade Twelve with five O levels which must include English.
- Craft/Technician Certificate in Plant Fitting/Mechanical Engineering from recognized institution
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience in Mining Industry
- Must be a member of EIZ / ERB
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide sound technical support
- Unwavering commitment to safety
- Unwavering commitment to the core responsibility
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to the email below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.