Jumbo Wholesale is a low cost, no frills wholesale business providing General Merchandise, Cosmetics & Food products in bulk to a range of independent traders & commercial users in Southern Africa.
Jumbo – The Giant of Africa that offers you a wider range, great deals, improved services and a better shopping experience. We believe in cultivating relationships, team work, excellent customer service, simplicity, innovation and keeping our promises.
We seek to fill the role of Sales-Floor Supervisor.
Job specifications/responsibilities will include the following:
- Ensure that correct items are on the shop floor merchandised and priced correctly
- Ensure 100% in-stock situation on promotional lines and KVI lines in consultation with Floor Manager
- Report out of stock items on the floor to Floor Manager/Store Manager.
- Ensure that staff members provide customer satisfaction to all customers and adhere to the required standards
- Approach customers who appear to need assistance.
- Ensure Customer queries are dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Assist Floor Manager in ensuring that buyers are given out of stock lists, over stock lists and feedback on slow-moving or dead stock.
- Ensure that damaged stock is removed from the floor, recorded and taken to the damages department.
- Ensure that stock is handled carefully to prevent damages
- Ensure that all stock is merchandised according to the company requirements.
- Keep shelves full and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that all stock is faced up and packed right side up.
- Pack like stock with like stock.
- Pack stock in such a way that it is attractive to customers.
- Ensure that shelf edge ticketing and pricing are up to date and accurate.
- Ensure that stock is moved as smoothly as possible from Receiving to the shop floor.
- Identify any barriers in this regard and implement action plans to remove them.
- When required, instructed or when a need is identified, action claims, sale or returns and inter-branches
- Ensure that staff are on the isles as scheduled.
- Ensure that the floor is appropriately manned for its needs.
- Ensure that staff members work as a team to assist each other as required in order to meet departmental needs.
- Motivate and encourage staff to maintain good performance or improve on current performance.
- Ensure that all staff members are aware of and trained in the required standards.
- Where serious performance/ behaviour issues arise, ensure that these are dealt with according to the company’s disciplinary procedures
- Control absenteeism, scheduling of contractors and casuals.
- Know, understand and adhere to company rules and procedures.
- Report suspicious occurrences or people to management and security.
- Check suspicious items and report any problems to management.
- Ensure that all stock is handled carefully.
- Conduct regular stock counts.
- Spot check goods received.
- Ensure that all claims for damages are correctly processed by Receiving/ despatch.
- Keep the stock room under lock and key and ensure that the key register is in place and maintained, where required.
- Ensure that counters are locked, where required.
- Identify high risk merchandise and propose action plan to prevent theft of these goods
- Check all paperwork thoroughly to ensure correct information.
- Ensure Racking and stacking is done to the required standards.
- Adhere to all safety regulations with regards to Forklift driving and other store practices.
- Report any unsafe conditions and practices to management immediately
- Ensure your staff have an up to date license for driving the forklift/Reach truck, inform your Manager in time when it is going to expire
- 2-3 years related experience as SalesFloor Supervisor or Role of Similar Capacity (Retail).
- Must have experience leading a team.
- Minimum Qualification of a Diploma in the Relevant and Related Field(s)
- Must be Computer Literate.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must pay attention to detail and work well under pressure.
How to apply
All applications must include Cover Letter, CV (with three traceable references), and supporting Qualifications Saved as One Document, with Position and Name as Document Title/Subject.
Please note that only candidates that meet the above criteria and follow the application guidelines will be considered.