Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization that creates and evaluates solutions to social and development problems and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors.
IPA is looking for a serious and motivated candidate to fill the position of HR Intern. This position will be based at the country office in Lusaka.
The Human Resources Intern position provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands‐on experience in an HR Management setting with a vibrant organization undertaking cutting‐edge development research. The Human Resource Intern will work closely with the research staff and field staff to perform a variety of tasks including, but not limited to:
The intern will report directly to:
Specific responsibilities include
- Assist Country Office to promote a company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance
- Assist to Coordinate employee orientation and recordkeeping (including all onboarding, contracting, and offboarding)
- Maintain employee files and database, and the HR filing system
- Assist with the day-to-day efficient operation of the HR office
- Operations and Office administration
- Assist and support the management team with logistics around internal office meetings and project training
- Assist in scheduling and organization of complex activities such as travel, bookings, and payments for hotels, airport pick up, conferences, and department activities for all members of the department and international visitors
- Forward incoming general e-mails to the appropriate staff member
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma or first degree in related fields.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Zambia labor laws
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently; a team player.
- Excellent communication skills in English, Bemba, and Chinyanja required – additional languages useful.
- Familiar with communities in Lusaka.
- Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and work effectively on a team.
- Flexible and proactive work ethic with a demonstrated interest in the vision and mission of IPA
Duration and Terms
- Duration: minimum of three months.
- Employment contract: No benefits or allowances shall be paid on this role.
Method of Application
Indicating the position you are applying for. Please send your CV with a cover letter to: the Human Resources, or drop it at Innovations for Poverty Action offices situated at Plot No. 26 Mwambula Road,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
First CVs will be examined in priority.