Work Hours: Full-Time, 40 Hours/Week
Eastern Provincial Health Office under the US President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Project through a Cooperative Agreement (CoAg) with the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the above listed position.
Location: Chipata Central Hospital and Kapata Urban Health Centre
To provide quality data management services in HIV prevention, treatment, care, and support services in order to facilitate timely decision making and tracking of progress towards achievement of program objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes accurate entry of routine patient-based information into the Zambia Electronic Health Record System (EHR) – SmartCare to ensure that there no backlogs at any one given time
- Prepares timely, the Facility level PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (MER) Reports and submits to PHO through the respective District Health Office by 5th of each months
- Prepares and enters timely quarterly PEPFAR MER reports into the electronic Data for Accountability, Transparency, and Impact (DATIM)
- Undertakes effectively and efficiently, routine (monthly) data audits in order to enhance the quality of data at the facility
- Assist in the preparation of MOH monthly Health Information Aggregation (HIA) reports
- Provide routine data analysis and preparation of analytical reports to show disease trends and service delivery
- Perform minor troubleshooting and preventive maintenance in order to ensure the continued functionality of SmartCare Computers to avoid disruption of services;
- Provides Technical Assistance to other staff in SmartCare and data management services
- Manages timely development of work plans and operationalization of the Annual Performance Appraisal Systems (APAS) in order to monitor, evaluate and enhance performance.
Minimum key qualifications / Skills required
- Full Grade12 School Certificate
- Diploma in ICT, Computer Studies, Data Management, or related field
- At least 2 years working experience in data management using Electronic Health Record System
- Knowledge in computer programming is an added advantage
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English
- Must be able to write comprehensive reports in the English language
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should send: The Provincial Health Director Mailing Address:
PO BOX 510023,
Chipata attaching the following credentials:
A formal application letter or cover letter;
A current CV;
Photocopies of all professional certificates and degrees; and
Contact information for at least three professional references.