YWCA is a Christian membership non-partisan, non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to the empowerment of the community (especially women, youth and children) to contribute to the attainment of a just society through rights-based approaches and sustainable interventions. YWCA in Partnership with Pact is implementing the DREAMS and Community HIV Prevention Components of the USAID – Zambia Community HIV Prevention Project (USAID – ZCHPP).
The DREAMS initiative is aimed at accelerating progress towards Zambia’s goal of reducing new HIV infections by increasing adoption of high impact HIV services and protective behaviors with a key focus on People Living with HIV (PLHIV), discordant couples, young women, and other high- risk groups, using evidence-based and locally owned solutions. By supporting the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) and developing local community and district level solutions, Z-CHPP will assist Zambia to reach the UNAIDS 95-95-95 targets.
The organization invites application to fill in the positions
The DREAMS CONNECTOR will be responsible for recruiting Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in communities to be enrolled into safe spaces. She will collaborate with community leaders /Z-CHPP champions to identify safe spaces and will support the DREAMS Center Manager as well as the DREAMS Mentors. She will also enter the project data into the Z-CHPP DHIS2 database.
Roles and responsibilities
- Screen and recruit AGYW in communities to be enrolled into safe spaces
- Collaborate with community leaders/Z-CHPP champions to identify safe space venues
- Enter project data into the Z-CHPP DHIS2 database
- Support the DREAMS Center Manager with the day to day management of the center (filling of documents, re-stocking of supplies and other administrative tasks)
- Provide support to DREAMS Mentors who will be running Safe Spaces within specific sites and that they are running quality safe spaces and meeting the needs of the AGYW
- Support DREAMS Mentors and ensure that they are running quality Safe Spaces and meeting the needs of the AGYW
- Provide Psycho social Counselling and rapid HIV testing services and facilitate active linkage of AGYW that test positive to HIV to treatment and refer those at risk of HIVinfection to prevention services such as; PrEP, Family Planning among other high impact services
- Track implementation of Economic Strengthening activities at community level (Savings groups/linkage to financial institutions, Business start-up AGYW, Vocational Skills linkages etc.
- Act as focal point persons between the DREAMS Centers and other community facilities where AGYW will be referred to access services that will not be available at the Center
- Conduct regular home visits to follow up on AGYW who do not frequently attend Safe Space meetings or attend the DREAMS Centers
- Sensitize parents and community members on the DREAMS initiative Job Attributes
- Must live within the specific site for easy travel to DREAMS Centers and Safe Spaces
- Must be aged between 20 and 35
- Must be a female
- Must be assertive and energetic
- Must have past experience working as a community mobilizer, community volunteer, school club leader or any related leadership role
- Empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills
Required academic qualifications and experience:
- Must posses a minimum of a diploma in gender, development or health related studies or any other related field
- A certificate in counselling and membership to the Zambia Counselling Association will be an added advantage.
- Must be computer literate and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office package
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit an application letter with a detailed CV (Maximum 2 pages) only which should include a daytime contact number and three (03) recent reachable referees.
The Executive Director, Young Womens Christian Association YWCA,
Plot7391, Nationalist Road, opposite, UTH,
PO Box 50115,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us, consider your application unsuccessful.