CARE, an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia. CARE International in Zambia is in the process of recruiting staff for the SUN II programme to support the implementation of the First 1000 Most Critical Days Programme in selected districts. The staff will be critical in the management as well as the operational and financial oversight of the proposed programme in the following positions:-
Kindly note that these positions are dependent on successful signing of the Partnership Agreement with the donor.
Program Support Assistants -Administration/Driving (5) – Choma, Chinsali, Mpika, Isoka, Monze
The Job holders will be responsible for carrying out logistical activities; record and prepare minutes of meetings; filling, organize meetings, workshops; fleet management and data entry of SUN II procured items and commodities. He/she will also support facilitation of procurement of programme supplies in liaison with Head Office Administration and Procurement unit:
- To carry out logistical activities; Transport staff and visitors to and from business appointments as assigned; delivers and collects mail and packages
- Assists in monitoring fuel account by ensuring sufficient float for operations, reconciliation of fuel coupons and fuel account; Log all official trips and maintain a daily log of all trips, mileage and fuel consumption for monthly checking by the hierarchy
- Ensure compliance to vehicle safety and security standard operating procedures; Maintains vehicle for cleanliness, ensures the vehicle is road worthy, arrange for its servicing or repair.
- Carry out basic Administrative duties such as mail reception and delivery, organizing venues for workshops/training sessions; schedule and confirm appointments and meetings; arrange travel schedules and make reservations, filing and photocopying of documents, completing administrative paperwork such as receipt of goods, advance requests, claim forms
- The job holder will also support facilitation of procurement of programme supplies with liaison with Head Office Procurement, data entry of procured items and commodities.
- Biannual update of MCDP II inventory of assets, Maintain awareness of condition of office equipment, ensure that office equipment is functioning
- Ensuring that all major incidents are reported to the line Manager immediately.
- Undertaking any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Class B or C valid and clean driving license.
- 3 years working experience.
- Certificate in relevant Administration field
- Computer literate, including word processing and excel/spreadsheets
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience in applying a gender equality approach
Method of Application
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to:
CARE International in Zambia is committed to Promoting and maintaining an organizational culture that advances gender equality, reduces power abuse and inequalities, and fosters trust and safety.