St Ignatius College is a private non-profit Catholic Jesuit School located in Ibex Hill Lusaka and wholly owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). Established in 1979 by the Leopards Hill Trust, the college is one of the oldest private schools in Zambia.
In 2012, The Jesuits took over the running of the college and continue today a tradition rooted in the Jesuit approach to education. One of the great strengths of St Ignatius College is the commitment on not only academic excellence but also on the curricular leadership and community service. The aim of Jesuit Education is to provide academic excellence and quality education of the whole person in the Jesuit tradition. Further, the Jesuits desire a school that is centred on moulding tomorrow’s leaders to work for others in pursuit of a just and humane world.
Learning for service of God and Others.
Our Mission – Our Purpose
- To mould leaders who are emotionally intelligent, environmentally conscious, spiritually reflective, and engaged in academic rigor by investing in learning and teaching.
- Our Vision – Our Collective Dream
- Young leaders empowered in the Ignatian tradition working towards a just and humane world.
- Our Values – Our collective Heritage
- Our values, exposing the new spirit of the college and its key stakeholders, are
- Holistic and complete learning culture
- Constant striving to be better and more
- social justice for all and in all
- value in diversity and unity
- The College is Seeking to recruit a dynamic, motivated, enthusiastic and qualified teacher in the role of ICT/ Mathematics Teacher.
Overall Job Purpose:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated ICT/ Mathematics programs for leaners and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- Implementing excellent teaching practice as described by the college policy.
- Differentiating learning and assessment to meet the needs of individual learners.
- To ensure that all lessons are planned with clear aims and objectives.
- To ensure that all lessons are delivered in line with the departmental schemes of work and college policies.
- To consider the differing ability lessons of learners and differentiate work accordingly.
- To encourage all learners to be actively engaged in their own learning and rewarding their progress against targets
- To encourage and foster intellectual curiosity
- To address in appropriate behaviour quickly and effectively according to the college behaviour policy
- To ensure the maintenance of accurate and up to date information on learner performance
- To ensure effective communication and consultation with parents and careers of learners
- To help develop ICT/ mathematics resources for the college
- Submit requirements such as text books and other equipment through the Department Head
- Attend team meetings and professional development as necessary
- Able to address and treat learners with respect and dignity
- Use ICT /Mathematical formulas and models to prove or disprove theories
- Expand knowledge in ICT/ mathematical areas, such as algebra or geometry, by developing new rules, theories and concepts
- Interpret data and report conclusions from their analysis.
- Full Grade Twelve School Certificate with 5 O levels.
- Minimum of a Degree in Education
- Minimum of five years’ experience in a reputable learning institution
- The applicant should also have an interest in learner’s affairs holistically
- Cambridge experience is an added advantage
- Teaching Council of Zambia Licence a must
- Must have three traceable referees.
The Person must:
- Be a Zambian
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience working in reputable learning institutions
- Be knowledgeable in the international and local best financial principles and laws a must
- Be a Christian and preferably a Catholic with knowledge of Jesuit Ethos will be an added advantage
- Be a proactive, hands on ICT/ Mathematics teacher who will take responsibility of the ICT Department
- Be a strategic thinker and is able to organise and manage the ICT Department of the College
- Have exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with peers, parents, and management.
- Have excellent time management skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks and meet critical deadlines while maintaining accuracy and quality;
- Have proven ability to make complex and time sensitive decisions in the best interest of the College
- Be a result/ performance-oriented person
- Be of mature disposition with conflict management skills
- Have tact and diplomacy required in solving problems
In return you can look forward to a competitive reward and benefits that include gratuity, life assurance and medical:
N.B: Applicant for positions at St Ignatius College are expected to support the school’s mission and contribute to what St Ignatius a catholic school strives to accomplish as a Jesuit institution.
Important Note: offers of employment or Job openings with requests for payments of fees should be treated with extreme caution, viewed as potentially fraudulent and reported immediately.
Method of Application
Please apply by submitting full detailed professional and academic qualifications, including a comprehensive CV to:
The Human Resource Officer,
St. Ignatius College,
PO Box 34114,