SPENN is a global mobile banking application developed by Blockbonds AS, a Norwegian Fintech company. Through the SPENN app, everyone can access services such as: money transfers to anyone, anywhere, cashless transactions in local stores, e-commerce, saving money and investment capabilities – all these secure, instant, and free. The SPENN app is completely free to download and use. We believe that everyone should have equal access to banking services. If you share our values, we would love to have you on board our team, and commonly work towards success of our brand!
Our vision is to give banking access to everyone, regardless of demographical, sociocultural, and geographical factors. SPENN currently seek for candidates to join our teams in Zambia.
- Internal Controller will be in a central role of controlling day-to-day operations and monitoring business activity. As a part of Blockbonds’ and SPENN’s Compliance team, due diligence and SA reporting will be considered main responsibilities. You will execute and perform duties including but not limited to procedural compliance controlling, identifying risks connected with new projects and suggesting process improvement potential, performing initial Suspicious Activity investigation. You will help in maintaining and improving communication between HQ and local office/s regarding compliance and controlling matters. The position offers a variety of assignments, a global team environment.
- You are a person with great learning abilities and strong analytical skills. You enjoy structure and finding modern solutions to traditional methods. You have a curious nature and you think outside the box. You are a team player who will work closely with Blockbonds’ Internal Control and Compliance Officer to help make SPENN a success. Your insights and work will have a global positive effect on many impoverished people.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control operations within one or more local offices.
- Detect and report deviations from procedures in day-to-day operations to Internal Control department in HQ.
- Provide Local and National insight in potential risk exposure throughout the business.
- Involved in our KYC solution, and identify improvement potential.
- Assist in planning and securing efficient, solid processes in different departments.
- Assist in monthly reporting to Blockbonds and business partners.
- Supervise complaints and complaints management.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be fluent in English and local language.
- Analytical mindset.
- Well-structured and at the same time eager to learn.
- Positive personal attitude, but assertive when necessary.
- Ability to effectively communicate at different levels of organizational structure.
- Basic Microsoft Excel skills is required.
- Previous banking/controlling/AML experience is preferred, but not required.
Company Perks & Benefits:
- Mandatory government payments
- Paid leaves
- Sufficient equipment
- Great work environment
- Opportunity to work in a global environment
- Working for a socially good cause
- Growth in global tasks and responsibilities
Method of Application
Please send your resume and cover letter to the email below:
(for applicants from Zambia)