The Copperbelt Health Education Project (CHEP) is a National Non Governmental Organization that has during its 28 years of existence operated on the Copperbelt , Southern, Central, Lusaka, Luapula and North Western Provinces focusing on Health and Development work. CHEP has carried out activities on the prevention of further spread of HIV, Malaria and TB. CHEP’s main objective is to mitigate the impact of AIDS, TB and malaria on individuals and communities on the Copperbelt and communities on the Copperbelt and create opportunities for shared learning and competence building at National and Regional level. The programs include technical support, sub granting and holistic mentorship services to more than 150 community based organization and NGO’s based in Zambia, mainly working with orphans and vulnerable children, young people, women and work places implementing AIDS interventions.
CHEP has 34 full time members of staff and more than 2500 volunteers with several regional and international partners.
CHEP has gone into partnership with PACT through implementation of the DREAMS Project, which is a USAID funded Project with focus on Adolescent Girls, Young women aged 10-24, their sexual partners and other priority community based intervention to enhance community uptake of high impact services. The DREAMS Project is being implemented on the Copper belt specifically in Kitwe District.
Therefore, CHEP is looking for a dynamic young woman to fill in the following position:
The District Coordinator will be responsible for the day to day running of Economic activity implementation in the District. He/She will report to the Economic Strengthening Officer under the overall supervision of the Project Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate the day-to-day ES livelihood activity implementation in the district at the DREAMS centers through the support staff.
- Support the formation of Saving Groups at the DREAMS centers and ensure that they are operating according to the WORTH and OSAWE prescribed models..
- Provide technical support to startup businesses being managed by AGYW in DREAMS centers and ensure that they are being managed profitably and sustainably.
- Provide coordination, monitoring and support for DREAMS Center staff for implementation of Economic Strengthening trainings for AGYW.
- Track and provide technical assistance to AGYW, Connectors/Mentors to ensure all ES curricula modules are implemented timely, sufficiently and to acceptable, high standards.
- Coordinate implementation activity support to AGYW undergoing mentorship programs provided by consultants or vocational skills training through TEVETA recognized colleges.
- Advise the Economic Strengthening Officer on matters of concern and elements of risk regarding DREAMS ES implementation and target achievement.
- Track work plan activities and deliverables, keeping DREAMS leadership updated on program progress on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Collaborate with the district M&E team on performance results analysis and ensuring that accurate data is captured and entered in the monitoring system using the appropriate prescribed monitoring tools.
- Undertake periodic data-driven program reviews and troubleshooting, as necessary.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual narrative progress reports including success stories.
- Track, analyze and manage periodic target achievements AGYW linkage and opportunities.
- Diploma or better in Development studies, Economics, Business Administration, or closely related field, or equivalent work experience
- Must be between 25-35 years
- Training and knowledge in Entrepreneurship and working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in NGO and HIV environment.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a high profile, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) technical issues effectively and persuasively.
- Fluency in the local language and English for day-to-day communication.
- Ability to use MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
Method of Application
If you meet the above requirements, you can send your application Letter with updated CV to the following address: The CHEP Board of Directors,
C/O The Executive Director,
PO BOX 23567,
PLOT NO. 8, Diamond Drive, Martindale, Kitwe Central
Only shortlisted candidates shall be notified.