Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited (BEMCONSULT) has been engaged by Joint Country Programme (JCP) to assist in the identification and recruitment of qualified and competent professionals in the NGO sector. These positions will be based at the Country Office in Lusaka.
The Joint Country Programme (JCP) is a duo of organisations consisting of Dan Church Aid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and was created in 2011 for purposes of working together within the ACT Alliance to:
create synergy and positive sustainable development in the lives of the poor and marginalised people in the target communities of Zambia, but also to
reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
The Communications Coordinator will manage and implement JCP (NCA & DCA) Zambia’s communication strategy to ensure that JCP and partners communicate effectively both internally and externally. Take the leading preparing and providing oversight in the development of communication materials for all programmes.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Lead efforts in collecting relevant information on the work and results of JCP (NCA & DCA) and partners compiling it and communicating it to important stakeholders in Zambia and among other interested constituents.
- Work in close collaboration with media teams in Norway, Denmark and UK, identify and prepare case stories from partners’ projects and ensure that text, photo/video material is available for publications and reports
- Provide relevant support and capacity building on communications and media to JCP (NCA and DCA) Zambia staff and partner organisations
- Provide additional support for research, documentation and coordination to JCP and partners for key national and international advocacy campaigns
- Responsible for drafting press releases, articles, speeches and opinion editorials about JCP’s work in Zambia
- Prepare and provide oversight in the development of communication materials (print & electronic) for all programmes e.g. brochures, quarterly newsletters, etc.
- Create communication materials by writing articles, shooting and editing videos and photos, to respond to JCP, partners and donors’ communications requirements.
- Maintain an active and effective relationship with key media personnel in Zambia to facilitate engagement and support on key advocacy activities
- Team coordinator on Visibility and Communications Plans, as well as other major communications events in JCP, especially for donor funded projects
- Any other duties as assigned by the Country Director
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent in Communications Skills
- Experience in focus group discussions, facilitation and communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literate, especially with the Microsoft Office package.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team Player, supportive and approachable.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences, PR or Communications
- Master/postgraduate Diploma in Journalism or related field.
- Must have at least a minimum of five (05) years’ PR or Communications experience in International NGO’s Implementing Social and Economic Programs.
- Experience in supervising, monitoring, training, training and working with volunteers.
- Must be a Member of ZAPRA with a valid practicing licence
How to apply
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to these emails down:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.