Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited (BEMCONSULT) has been engaged by Joint Country Programme (JCP) to assist in the identification and recruitment of qualified and competent professionals in the NGO sector. These positions will be based at the Country Office in Lusaka.
The Joint Country Programme (JCP) is a duo of organisations consisting of Dan Church Aid (DCA) and Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) and was created in 2011 for purposes of working together within the ACT Alliance to:
create synergy and positive sustainable development in the lives of the poor and marginalised people in the target communities of Zambia, but also to
reduce costs and increase efficiency and effectiveness.
The Emergency Preparedness/ Wash Officer will take the lead in overall program development on disaster risk reduction, emergency preparedness and humanitarian response, with particular attention to WASH. Manage JCP’s humanitarian work and be the main liaison on humanitarian work between JCP and other humanitarian sector partners.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Provide updated technical knowledge and training within the EPR
- Promote innovation and seek new funding opportunities including development of funding proposals and budgets
- Plan, implement, monitor and report on the EPR programme according to the program cycle and strategy
- Link JCP to strategic partners and stakeholders within the EPR theme
- Develop, plan and supervise Emergency WASH programmes
- Networking and capacity building of partners within the thematic area
- Lead JCP’s work on achieving compliance with the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS) and the Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM).
- Coordinate the ACT Alliance’s work on ERP in Zambia, with links to ACT’s Africa Office.
- Coordinate EPR work and all EPR projects that contribute to the Programme Outcomes and outputs
- Archive all EPR program documents according to routines with support from Assistant Programme Coordinator
- Adhere and comply to NCA security and program routines, regulations and SOPs
- Any other duties as assigned by the Line Manager /Management
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good Administrative Skills
- Self-starter and motivated
- Ability to plan and organize work independently.
- Ability to work under pressure and react accordingly to evolving context/situation.
- Ability to delegate and follow up of tasks among team members.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Development Studies, Project Management, Environmental Management, Public Health or other relevant qualification (with a focus on WASH)
- Master/postgraduate Diploma in Project Management or related field.
- Project Management for development will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in WASH (Water, Sanitation and hygiene) sector.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Implementing Development Programmes in WASH Sector in Senior role in INGO.
- Experience in Data Collection and Analysis, handling of Electronic Data Tools (such as Kobo toolbox)
- Proven experience of working in close collaboration with Ministry of Health is preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Proficiency in Bemba language will be an added advantage
- Computer Literate
How to apply
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to these emails down:
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.