(The Nurses and Midwives Act No. 31 of 1997)
General Nursing Council of Zambia (GNCZ) is a statutory body established in 1970 under the Nurses and Midwives Act No. 55 of 1970 with an express mandate to regulate nursing and midwifery education and practice. The Act was repealed and replaced by the Nurses and Midwives Act No. 31 of 1997, uyhich redefined the functions of the Council and expanded the scope of practice for nurses and midwives.
The Council is therefore, inviting applications fiorn highly motivated, result oriented, qualified and experienced person to fill the position of IT SPECIALIST.
To manage the provision of CT services in order to facilitate the effective management of information and communication systems.
Grade: GNCZ 03
Reports to: Director Human Capital and Administration
Key Result Area:
Formulates strategies and guidelines for management of ICT systems for the efficient management of the information and communications systems within the Council.
- Manages the maintenance of ICT systems and infrastructures to preserve and restore interoperability in ICT systems in line with IT governance standards and international best practices.
- Designs and install ICT networks systems that support the business operations.
- Network Management
- Manage Business Technology Projects, monitor applications and provide analytical solutions to technical issues.
- Manages the Council’s infrastructure of software, hardware and database systems such as configuration, installation and maintenance of server and ensure availability of e-services and applications.
Database Management Systems:
- Ensures effective management of the Council’s Network Service Management in order to make accurate information available to the public and ensure easy access to e-services.
- Provide technical support and Business Technology guidance to the Council, on various aspects of Information Technology and ensure compliance to existing regulations, standards and best practice
- Manages effectively the provision of on-line services in order to facilitate easy access to information and services.
Disaster Recovery Plan:
- Develop and manage an effective Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Plan and ensure security of the IT infrastructure
- Ensures effective management of the website and portals in order to make information available to the public and facilitate easy access to e-services
- Carry out research and statistical data analysis for ICT Trends, Keeping track on emerging technological advancements and developing initiatives to improve processes related to the business.
- Provide expert guidance, conduct performance assessment and identify learning needs for staff in order to enhance performance.
- Develops and implements work plans, conduct performance appraisals and ensure efficient utilization of resources
- Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience required for this Role:
- 8 years dynamic experience in information systems, preferably 2 of which should be at senior officer level or higher.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent from a recognised university accredited by ZAQUA
- Master’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Wide knowledge of IT areas including regulation, maintenance, cyber security, e-government.
- Member of relevant national or international Professional body.
- Knowledge in Linux System
- Proven experience managing IT infrastructure and service
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface
- Excellent Interpersonal, communication and Leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Highly motivated and Innovative.
- Must possess research skills.
- Only candidates who meet the above listed competencies and role specifications should apply attaching their curriculum vitae, certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications and three names of referees with their contact addresses and telephone numbers.
Method of Application
Applications should reach the undersigned:
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
The Registrar/ Chief Executive Officer,
General Nursing Council of Zambia,
Plot 1 71, Luanshya Road,