ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable, and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalised and excluded women and young people, their organizations, and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality, and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified Zambian to fill the position of Human Resources and Board Liaison Officer
The Human Resources and Board Liaison Officer shall be responsible for the coordination and management of the human resources in line with AAZ local and AAI Global HR Policies and other organizational policies and procedures. The job holder shall also be responsible for the coordination of Board and General Assembly processes.
- Human Resource Management
- Work closely with the Line Manager to facilitate the development, implementation and interpretation of Human Resource strategies, policies, procedures and systems that are consistent and in harmony with the national labour laws, Global HR/OD frameworks
- Work with line managers to develop and implement human resource plans that are aligned to country strategy, plans and priorities.
- Develop and implement Human resource information systems, records and reports including frequent and periodic availability and accuracy of information thereof.
- Prepare payroll input to ensure accurate and timely payment of salaries and benefits.
- Monitor and provide support to line managers and staff in performance appraisal to make sure the completeness of performance appraisal as scheduled, and provide comments to managers and staff on performance appraisal results.
- Ensure implementation of employee welfare and wellness services – insurance, security, pension and work life balance
- Work with line managers to identify training needs and development opportunities for all staff of country programmes and develops annual training plan
- Manage employees’ contracts of employment and maintain personal files and up to date data on all staff.
- Preparing quarterly and regular HR reports for decision making.
- Work with line managers to encourage and maintain sound employee relations by undertaking all necessary consultation with staff on personnel issues to ensure there is harmonious relationships and effective communications are maintained between management and staff.
- Support line managers at disciplinary or grievance hearings, or in the event of collective disputes.
Recruitment, Onboarding and Exit management:
- Ensure compliance with the provisions of the HR Policy on recruitment and selection processes in the organisation.
- Develop and participate in the implementation of recruitment tools and processes (e.g. shortlisting tools, interviewing tools, invitation templates etc)
- Work closely with HoDs to identify staffing gaps and seek approval to fill vacant positions.
- Coordinate and participate in the process of induction, placement, re-deployment/ transfer, and deployment in line with the Organization’s HR Policy.
- Coordinate the conducting of and reporting on exit interviews with leaving staff to facilitate the improvement of the organisation.
Governance and Board Relations:
- Act in an advisory capacity to all members of the governance body especially new members to facilitate their ability to perform effectively.
- Act as an information hub between AAZ Management and the Governance Body.
- Provide support for board processes, including board meetings, general assembly preparations.
- Provide support and act as the focal point person for the governance and board development subcommittee of the board.
- Document proceedings of all board and governance and board development committee meetings and follow up on agreed actions.
- Ensure proper reporting, documentation and communication of all AAZ Governance proceedings.
- Coordinate the planning and management of international visitors to AAZ.
- Establish a travel management system to track travel trends, reporting, staff movement and cost management.
- Assess the standards of local accommodation, travel providers and manage these relationships to ensure high-quality service and standards.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- University Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in human resource management at middle level management in a CSO preferably an INGO
- Computer literate and ability to use Microsoft packages
- Good knowledge and working experience of labor laws and HRM practices
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills with good interpersonal skills.
- Organisational awareness and service orientation
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgment
- Willingness to work and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability in organising and managing priorities
- Ability to set up and maintain cordial working relations with staff
Method of Application
To apply, please email a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address the email below: The email subject heading should simply be titled “Human Resources Officer” followed by your names. The Closing date for receipt of applications is ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE). Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted candidates.