Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following position:
Duty Station: Mongu
This position will provide leadership to ensure the quality the implementation of the First 1,000 Most Critical Days Programme II (MCDP II) in the districts. He will work closely with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) line ministries such as Ministries of Health, Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries and Community Development at Provincial and district level to design, plan, implement and evaluate evidence-based nutrition interventions and improve coordination and linkages between health and other sectors at Provincial, district, and community levels.
The incumbent will be reporting to Project Manager – SUNII
Staff directly reporting to this post: District Project Officers – Nutrition
Key areas of accountability:
- Provide leadership in the design, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of multisector nutrition programmes and the 1000 Most Critical Days Program II in the district.
- Support the Strengthening capacity of Community Volunteers, Care Groups and District staff from the Ministries of Health, Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries, Local Government and Housing and Community Development in planning and delivery of Multisector nutrition activities in the targeted communities and households.
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis, and reporting of program outputs and results from all the four districts in close collaboration with the M&E officer, and ensure incorporation of lessons-learned into ongoing implementation.
- Support and contribute to development of annual work plans and budgets and training plans from all the four districts and ensure that they are informed by needs on the grounds.
- Support the integration of cross-cutting themes (e.g. Gender equality) within the multisector nutrition programming.
- Represent SUN II at Provincial and District Coordination meetings such as Provincial Development Coordinating Committee (PNCC), District Development Coordination Committee, Provincial Nutrition Coordination Committee (PNCC), District Nutrition Coordination committee (DNCC) and other meetings relevant to health, food security, WASH and Social Protection at district and Provincial level.
- Provide Technical support and guidance to the Provincial and District Nutrition Coordination Committee (DNCC), Government line ministries and Community structures in the implementation of Multisector nutrition activities and the First 1,000 Most Critical Days Programme II (MCDP II).
- Prepare and consolidate monthly, quarterly and annual multisector nutrition reports from all the four districts and technical updates.
Qualifications and experience
- A Bachelor’s in Public Health / Nutrition/ food and nutrition or; Master’s Degree strongly preferred.
- At least 5-10 years of experience in planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of evidence-based high impact multi-sectoral nutrition programs in Zambia, ideally through a combination of facility and community-based experience.
- Significant experience working collaboratively and productively with a range of partners, including GRZ, CSOs, and communities.
- Strong experience and background in capacity-building, including participatory facilitation approaches with communities and competency-based training.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills and the ability and commitment to work concurrently on multiple priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in English and Lozi
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: