Dangote Industries Zambia Ltd
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
To manage public relations functions for DCZL using a wide range of media platforms, build and sustain DCZL brand through planned publicity campaigns and PR activities.
Assist in the implementation, monitoring and measurement of sustainability and corporate social responsibility programmes at DCZL.
Manage community relations government and other regulatory stakeholders at assigned location.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the development, review and Implementation of communication strategy in order to project a positive corporate image for DCZL.
- Manages timely and accurate preparation of responses to press and public queries in order to state the company’s position.
- Coordinate the timely production of brochures, magazines, newsletters, videos and other materials in order to facilitate the dissemination of information.
- Planning and coordination of corporate events in order to create awareness on the operations and functions of DCZL.
- Coordinate the implementation of approved DCP corporate social responsibility and community development initiatives at assigned location.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in the community as well as government and regulatory stakeholders at assigned location.
- Provide input on external relations policy, strategy, and implementation and assess the need for new policies and/ or changes to the sustainability plan and proffer recommendations.
- Interface with government, other agencies or the general public on sustainability related matters at assigned location.
- Review sustainability program objectives, progress, or status to ensure compliance with policies, standards, regulations, or laws of area.
- Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the DCP’s stakeholder relations, sustainability and corporate social responsibility initiatives (DCZL), making appropriate improvements and recommendations.
- Proffer advice and handle topical and reputation-sensitive issues at assigned location.
- Track and analyse plant expenditure on corporate social responsibility and sustainability initiatives for input into relevant reports.
- Candidate be social media friendly.
- Prepare agreed activity and performance reports on a timely basis, for the attention of the Country Head (CEO).
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Country Head (CEO).
Education and Work Experience:
- Full grade twelve (12) certificate.
- Masters/Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Media, Political or Social Sciences, International Relations or other related fields.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience of which two (2) should be at management level.
- Member of the public relations association (ZAPRA).
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The General Manager HR& Admin and send them to,
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Alternative Fuel Manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.