Dangote Industries Zambia Limited
Senior chief Chiwala’s Area, Masaiti District, Ndola Zambia.
The Dangote Group is one of Africa’s leading conglomerates producing diversified products. Dangote Cement, a subsidiary of the Dangote Group, is the leading producer of cement in Zambia with a modern advanced integrated cement plant in Ndola, on the Copperbelt.
Dangote Cement requires action oriented, high performing and dedicated professional in the following disciplines:
Prepare the Finance Report and Management Performance Report(MPR) and other supporting schedules, commentaries, analysis and submit within the defined timeline without fail.
Support the Management Accountant(MA) in monthly costing run to ensure completeness of SAP cost module. Collaborate closely with Financial Accountant(FA) for consolidation as well as MPR and Interim Financial Statements(FS) aligned results.
Review all cost lines and ensure accuracy and completeness of data as per Daily Production Report(DPR). Collaborate with MA and FA and end-user in case of discrepancies.
Work closely with Inventory/Cost Assistant to ensure the stock movement in MPR and other nominal reports ties in.
Prepare all schedules required by independent auditor and ensure accomplishment of audit examination on time.
Maintain closing checklist and perform all processing and necessary steps required to close the accounts periodically as per group timeline on the Accounting system adopted by the company
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Financial Accountant in reviewing the chart of Accounts Code completeness and provide assistance to finance on creating new codes or opening existing SAP account codes particularly on added process or inputs to operations and new department.
- Manage month-end closing activities related to posting of production and consumption through check and balances of the entries provided by cross functional department such as operation, power plant, mines and other process related inputs in SAP.
- Prepare MPR and Financial reports on a monthly basis and submit on time to Group c/o the Group Finance Team.
- Respond to queries that maybe raised by the HQ team.
- Prepare revenue and cost variances analysis such as sales revenue, variable cost, fixed cost, selling, general marketing and administrative.
- Build graphs and commentaries that will clearly explain variances in units and in aggregate amounts.
- Review all consumptions, productions, cost accruals amortization, payroll and mining site restoration, royalties and all other entries related to operating cost and ensure completeness and consistencies in terms of unit consumption.
- Furthermore, he/she should conduct a monthly test of unit price being used in the system for dummy stock as well as in the cost computation to ensure validity and accuracy of the final reports.
- Monitor SAP results through test of final numbers (unit’s consumption, unit price, stock movements) that ties in to true picture of the operations as well as the results of physical inventory count.
- Oversee SAP cost run procedures and control particularly production entries, power consumption process orders.
- Collaborate with MA and FA, Cost Assistant, Store, Statistician and Inventory Team during closing period and ensure that all cost inputs tie with operation and emphasize the group policy on closing any gaps.
- He/she must also follow the clear explanations of any gaps identified.
- Collects all reports (Financial reports, PR, Interim FS and Exco) being the main database in charge of these reports and main focal point when a report is required to be submitted.
- Assist the Financial Controller on the implementation of process improvements particularly SAP (automated) processes in the area of costing.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other related discipline.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA)
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislation relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Strong finance and accounting knowledge, including experience with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Significant experience in the use of financial systems particularly SAP.
- Good leadership and collaboration with peers and cross functional teams.
- Good problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity
Method of Application
Candidates meeting the above requirements should send their applications to:
The General Manager HR& Admin and send them to,
Please note that you are to attach an Application Letter & Latest CV ONLY in Microsoft word format as ONE document.
Position should be clearly mentioned in the subject line e.g. “Alternative Fuel Manager”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.