At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose:
The job reports to the Manager, Business Analysis and is responsible for discovering, synthesizing, and analysing information from various data sources, tools, processes, documentation, and stakeholders within KML to understand enterprise problems and goals, analyse needs and solutions, devise strategies, drive change, and facilitate stakeholder collaboration.
Specific Job Responsibility:
- The specific job responsibilities to be performed under this role shall include
- Business analysis planning and monitoring
- Eliciting business information from stakeholders or other sources to drive mutual agreement/ understanding and identification of opportunities for collaboration.
- Ensuring that business, stakeholder, and solution requirements and designs are aligned to one another in the pursuit for continuous improvement and cost efficiency.
- Applying strategy analysis and strategic thinking to drive possible solutions that will enable KML to create greater value for stakeholders.
- Continuous assessment of risk to understand the undesirable consequences of internal and external forces surrounding KML continuous improvement interventions and operations in general.
- Modelling needs, requirements, designs and solutions, and negotiating process, contract and system changes with stakeholders.
- Conducting performance assessment on the value delivered by a solution designed during continuous improvement initiatives, and recommending the removal of barriers or constraints that prevent the full realization of the value.
- Any other duties as may be delegated by superior.
Job Specific Competencies:
- The specific knowledge areas and competencies required to perform tasks under this job include
- Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring
- Stakeholder management in respect to elicitation and collaboration etc.
- Projects and or Continuous Improvement Requirements Life Cycle Management
- Strategy Analysis
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition
- Solution Evaluation
Key Job Attributes:
- Demonstrate the ability for creative thinking, decision making, learning, problem solving, systems thinking, conceptual thinking and visual thinking.
- Demonstrate ethics, personal accountability, trustworthiness, organisation and time management, adaptability
- Possess business acumen, industry knowledge, organisation knowledge, solution knowledge, methodology knowledge
- Demonstrate verbal communication, non-verbal communication, written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to facilitate, lead and influence and coach teams. Must be adept at negotiation and conflict resolution.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous proven track record in a similar role with exposure to at least 3 from the following list of business analysis perspectives:
- Agile; Business Intelligence; Information Technology
- Business Architecture and; Business Process Management:
- Multi-disciplinary qualifications at Bachelors and Master’s degree level with a comprehensive orientation towards business architecture, business analysis, Engineering and Law.
- Relevant affiliations and certifications will be considered as added advantage.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: