We are a Brand Building & Advertising Solutions’ company born out of the need to create local Brand Idols, through proper positioning and brand differentiation to shift paradigms in our locality.
PMC’s efforts of growing clients’ brands is underpinned by its focus on a convergence point of various strategies i.e. marketing strategy, brand, communication and channel strategies.
Our creative originality and communication relevance is based on proper understanding of the consumers, how the consumers relate to brands and the consumers’ consumption patterns of media.
The Account Manager is the “face” of PMC Zambia to our clients. This position is ultimately responsible for ensuring that client expectations are being exceeded in regard to the specifications outlined in agreed-upon Statements of Work. The candidate will be responsible for having a good understanding of the brand strategy and marketing goals, as well as an understanding of the client’s unique skills or gaps in performance and communication.
The candidate must have strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. They must also be able to balance the needs of the client with the needs of PMC Zambia’s business. The candidate must have the ability to quickly build trust and credibility with the client. The candidate will be responsible for communicating the status of an account to their superiors, their peers, and their subordinates. In addition, they will be responsible for daily communication with the client.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- The Account Manager must be able to perform the following essential duties and functions:
- Reports to and assists the Account Director.
- Maintain open and frequent communication with clients.
- Coordinates the planning, scheduling, and implementation of marketing strategies and tactics for the organization.
- Develops marketing materials and procedures for dissemination.
- Manages vendor relationships, including contracting, supervision, and project instructions.
- Documents all marketing projects on an ongoing basis and complete summary reports and analysis as needed.
- Prepare reports and analysis of industry trends and provide appropriate recommendations or conclusion.
- Identifies and implements methods to improve area operations, processes, efficiency, and service to both internal and external customers.
- Develops methods for increased and effective utilization of the Patient Ambassador model in patient-engagement activities, strategies, and/or tactics.
- Conducts demographic and other marketing studies to identify trends to maximize effectiveness of marketing efforts and determine return on investment (ROI).
- Evaluates and analyses targeted markets and strategies to identify potential areas of new business or expansion of services with existing clients.
- Thoroughly understands the brand strategy, product attributes, main competitors, and major issues facing the space for each representative brand.
- Attends and contributes to all internal staff meetings.
- Promotes teamwork by being collaborative and supportive of fellow employee’s projects.
- Maintains a favourable working relationship with all employees to promote a harmonious working environment in order to facilitate positive employee morale, productivity, and continued improvement.
- Consistently and effectively coordinates, plans, and executes projects that support the team’s internal strategy and timelines.
- Manages and tracks individual projects and follows up to make sure they are completed.
- Maintains accurate and honest records such as contact reports, status reports, dashboards, etc.
- Supports the implementation of promotional programs to publicize and promote various activities, events, and/or tactics.
- Represents the organization at various community functions and/or meetings; promotes existing and new programs and/or policies.
- Supports the team’s initiatives which involve travel.
- Manages internal stakeholders within the creative department and ambassador services to further the brand strategy and meet client objectives.
The primary job functions and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, those listed:
Weekend and Night Work:
- Although day-to-day work should primarily take place during regular office hours (8:30 a.m.–17:00 p.m., Monday–Friday) there will be situations that may require working late into the evening and/or over the weekend. The candidate selected for the Account Manager/Senior Account Manager position should have the expectation that the workload and nature of the work will require hours that may extend past the normal business hours of the company. This includes working on the weekends.
The core business hours that you work may change based on business needs, and shifts may change from time to time.
- The size and nature of our company will require working in collaboration with people in other departments. Candidates must demonstrate their willingness/ability to step into other roles as needed to drive the success of the company. Candidates will need to demonstrate their ability to be a contributing member of a team that has goals that are broader than an individual job description or function.
Travel is a fundamental part of the Account Manager position. From time to time it may be necessary to travel to support the team or complete job tasks. Candidates must be able to accommodate the specific travel requirements of the role. Travel expectation: 25%. Travel will include, but is not limited to:
- Traveling to client/partner locations to support meetings
- Traveling to event locations to provide support/direction
- Traveling to shoot locations to provide support/direction
- Client Services: 2 years (Required)
- Advertising agency experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Sales experience: 1 year (Required)
- Experience in a Marketing role: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
Method of Application
We are on the lookout for brave, creative and bright individuals to join our agency. If you think you have what it takes, Send your CV, Cover Letter, Profiles and Portfolio’s to submissions: