The Civil Society for Poverty Reduction (CSPR) is a dynamic advocacy network of over Seventy Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) working around the different faces of poverty in Zambia. The network strives to effectively contribute to poverty reduction and pro-poor development through anti-poverty policy advocacy and the promotion of Civic Engagement supported by Research, Policy Analysis, Citizens Participation and Information Management and Communication.
We seek a qualified, experienced and dynamic individual to join the CSPR secretariat team at provincial level.
Provincial Coordinator- Western Province:
Reporting to the Programmes Manager, the Provincial coordinator will be responsible for providing administration and programme support to CSPR provincial programme management team (PPMT).
Key Functions of the Position:
Responsible for the administrative functions of the PPMT
Support the finance responsibilities of the PPMT
Provide overall programme implementation and monitoring support to the PPMT
Specific tasks include:
- Ensure that the PPMT office, including the use of office equipment, is administered in line with CSPR Guidelines for office use.
- Ensure that all security measures are taken to ensure the safety of the office and its equipment
- Set up filling system for PPMT accounts, reports, minutes and other documents
- Be responsible for ensuring that all Financial & Narrative reports are submitted on time to the National Secretariat.
- Provide advice and guidance to the PPMT Executive on their Budgets and accounting to ensure adherence to Financial & Operational Guidelines and CSPR Accounting System
- Support the treasurers preparation of activity specific and quarterly financial reports
- Liaise with the Programmes Manager and Finance and Administration Manager on Financial issues
- Clearly document and file minutes that record authorisation for financial transactions made in PPMT executive meetings
- Implement accounting and finance systems that safeguard, manage and account for financial resources.
- Facilitate all payments for goods and services directly with suppliers
- Collect and forward all membership fees collected from the CSPR provincial members
- Collaborate with the PPMT Executive and the Programmes Manager to support the implementation of programmes and interventions at provincial, district and community level in accordance with approved Activity Plans, Budgets and Financial & Operational Guidelines
- Support coordination and broaden communication with and among PPMT members and broader civil society on provincial, district and community activities and events
- Maintain close connections and good relations with provincial and district government officers and other key provincial and district actors
- Coordinate activities with others working in the target area to support subnational activities
- Support the preparation of Minutes and reports of all PPMT meetings and events
- Monitor and evaluate regularly all programmes against set plans
- Maintain and regularly update provincial membership information and copies of the MOUs of all signatory members
- Liaise with the Programmes Manager and Finance and Administration Manager on matters relating to Financial and Administrative issues
- Undertake other administrative duties that may be reasonably requested by the PPMT Executive and National Secretariat.
Minimum qualifications required:
- Diploma in administration, accounts or project management
- Computer literate, specifically confident with the use of Micro Soft Excel and Word
- Proven work experience in a similar capacity of at least two years
- Preferably Civil society/NGO experience
Competences and Personality:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Good report writing skills
- Ability to work in a team and able to handle conflict in constructive manner
- Hard working, responsible and honest
- Mature: Between the ages of 22 and 35
Method of Application
Only candidates meeting the above criteria need apply. To apply, please submit an application and Curriculum Vitae with traceable references to:
The Executive Director, Civil Society for Poverty Reduction,
Post Net 302, Private Bag E891, Lusaka, or email . Candidates can also drop their application at CSPR offices located at Plot No. 402, Kudu Road, Kabulonga,
Lusaka or at NAPSA building room 409 Northern Wing, along Libonda Road, Mongu, Western Province.
Deadline for submitting applications. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.