Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following positions at the University of Zambia:
Centre For Information and Communication Technologies (Cict)
• To ensure that ICT/security control service provisions are commensurate with the requirements and standards of the various university stakeholders.
• Defines systems, network, software and hardware standards for the University;
• Brings together staff from different disciplines and drives the group to plan, formulate and agree on comprehensive quality procedures;
• Installs and configures security policies in all communication devices to ensure the safety of both data and hardware resources;
• Develops, maintains, communicates, enforces and publishes the Information and Security Policy.
• Grade 12 Certificate or its equivalent;
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Studies, Engineering or ICT related field;
• Master’s degree in ICT or related filed would be an added advantage;
• Must have Certification in CCNA, CCNP or MCSE;
• Must have knowledge of Linux, Windows 2003 server, Virtualization, vLans configurations, Network monitoring, Routing, Switching and skills in Bandwidths Management;
• At least five (5) years relevant work experience with firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems; and network, server, and desktop environments (e.g Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, AS/400 mainframe, Citrix, Cisco);
• Member of the Computer Society of Zambia (proof of valid membership to be attached).
• Only candidates who meet the specified requirements need apply to the address indicated below, enclosing their detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of educational certificates, names and addresses of three traceable references and contact address / telephone / e-mail details.
How to Apply
Applications to be sent to:
University of Zambia,
PO Box 32379