Our client is an international Christian development organization who are committed to improving the quality of life for persons with disabilities in the poorest communities. The Programme Manager will coordinate the development of the Country Plan in Zambia and will implement specific programmes or projects, including budget, programme design, development, project monitoring and evaluation. Project monitoring will require travelling, out of office, up to 50% of her/his time.
• Programme portfolio and project Planning
• Coordinate, monitor and ensure implementation of the CBM Country Plan for Zambia
• Identify new projects in line with the organisations Strategy and future country plan
• Meet with potential partners for partner assessment, final selection and mutual agreement around future interventions, leading to the preparation of Multi Year Plans (MYPs)
• Plan and conduct multi-stakeholder planning workshops to develop Multi Year Plans consisting, among other documents, of logical framework, budget and narrative project plan, while ensuring adequate and relevant input from interested local organizations of people with disabilities, and while ensuring effective information exchange and agreement on the MYP is secured while interacting with Member Associations and Advisors.
• Ensure that all the preliminary steps necessary to start a new project are implemented (including support to external partners in recruiting project staff, development of job descriptions and development of internal activity plans and monitoring system).
• Ensure that the partner(s)’ new project staff are properly oriented or trained for clear and comprehensive understanding of the project
• Promotes a strong culture of programmes’ implementation efficiency and compliance with donors’ requirements among Partners’ teams.
Education, Knowledge & Professional Experience
• Minimum 4 years programme and project management experience, preferably in the area of disability or public health
• Relevant academic degree or further qualification in International development, sociology, public health etc.
• Experience in project design, monitoring, review and evaluation to ensure programme quality improvements and strengthening of systems’ effectiveness
• Knowledge and application of basic research methodologies – both quantitative and qualitative – as well as ability to analyse data and provide recommendations
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong cross-cultural professional relationships
• Zambia Driving License (preferably for both manual and automatic vehicles)
How to Apply
Submit your CV to: