Arcades Shopping Mall
A distinctive shopping destination that combines shopping with entertainment. Shop and then hit the cinema. Choose between fast food, more intimate restaurants or funky coffee houses. Later head out to Room 101. As well as a vibrant selection of shops Arcades Shopping Centre is host to outdoor events like the popular Pakati Sunday Market attraction as well as musical, theatrical and cultural shows.
Arcades Shopping Mall has not updated their information in over a year and these details might be out of date.
Shopping centre and Showrooms
Arcades Shopping Centre is home to over forty stores and restaurants in a refreshingly spotless and relatively peaceful environment! Of course it gets busy but it does not have a manic feel about the place. Grounds are secure and parking is available. Arcades is strategically located away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre.
Arcades Shopping Centre is home to over forty stores and restaurants in a refreshingly spotless and relatively peaceful environment! Of course it gets busy but it does not have a manic feel about the place. Grounds are secure and parking is available. Arcades is strategically located away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre. It's where you and your family can have fun, shop, eat and play! With plenty of entertainment all round, a host of restaurants café and bars to choose from, there is something for everyone, for the young and the old(er)!
For convenience, you have access to a selection of shops, banks, ATMs and a bureau de change with lots of regular entertainment and events. Arcades holds a range of outdoor events and is home to the Pakati Sunday Market. Also SPAR supermarket makes your grocery shopping experience a pleasant one. A complete list of all the shops, restaurants and other services is given on the right, with contact numbers for your convenience. You can also click through for more information on the shops that have their own Best of Zambia web pages.
Arcades business centres
- Bantum Copying and Photos: +260 211 256615
- I-Zone Internet Cafe: +260 211 256747
- Post.Net Services: +260 966 256522
- Room 101 Night Club: +260 966 888555
- Sterkinekor Cinemas: +260 211 256719
Arcades fashion and boutiques
- Bobbili Gems Jewellers: +260 211 254588
- Desires: +260 977 846942
- Desire Collections: +260 211 256667
- Ndanji Fashions: +260 211 256767
- SBM What's New Boutique: +260 211 256666
- Shooz: +26 (0) 211 253384
- Shorty's Shoes: +260 211 256761
- Top of The Town: +260 211 256551
- Yvette Fashions: +260 977 852133
Arcades fast food
- Food Fayre: +260 211 256927
- Subway: +260 211 256906
- Zamchick: +260 211 252452
- Barclays Bank: +260 211 256886
- Finance Bank: +260 211 256603
- Investrust Bank: +260 211 256640
- Runnymede Bureau de Change: +260 211 256669
- Stanbic Bank: +260 211 256881
Arcades general retail
- Cell-Site Mobile Phones: +260 211 257055
- Hazida Samsung Electronics: +260 211 257 248
- IT Max Computers: +260 211 256670
- Les Petits Elegants: +260 211 256835
- Link Pharmacy: +260 211 256606
- Party in a Box: +260 978 093722
- PEP Stores: +260 211 254539
- Planet Books: +260 211 256714
- Telefonika Gadget Shop: +260 977 776870
- Airtel 24 Hrs: +260 211 250707
- Zambeef Butchery: +260 211 252452
Arcades health and beauty
- Umoyo Health Shop: +260 955 800601
- Scruples Hair and Beauty: +260 211 256608
- Protea Hotel: +260 211 254 664
Arcades homes and interiors
- MICA Paint and Hardware: +260 211 257193
- Pam Golding Properties: +260 211 253420
Arcades music and videos
- Blockbusters: +260 211 256976
- Sounds: +260 211 256758
- Café Times: +260 211 256811
- Arabian Nights: +260 211 251085
- Ocean Basket: +260 211 256832
- La Gondola Pizza Pasta: +260 211 250280
- La Mimosa: +260 211 257264
- Mikes Kitchen: +260 977 238868
- Mint Café: +260 965 900800
- Rhapsody's: +260 211 256705
- DigiPrint: +260 211 251335
- MultiServe: +260 977 483137
- Phil Opticians: +260 211 250430
- Phil Photo: +260 211 250430
- The Travel Shop: +260 211 250746
- SPAR Superstore: +260 211 256711
Arcades Shopping Mall · Shopping centre and Showrooms
Sundays are set aside as market day and the grounds of Arcades come alive for the main weekend attraction. There's a hive of activity, a blaze of vibrant colour and a plethora of beautiful handmade Zambian arts and crafts on show. The famous Pakati Market is open every Sunday from 09.00 to 17.00.
It's where you and your family can have fun, shop, eat and play! With plenty of entertainment all round, a host of restaurants café and bars to choose from, there is something for everyone, for the young and the old(er)!
This is a fun way to get all your traditional handmade art and craft gifts from Zambia, meet the artists and even watch them at work. This is a very popular market for both local and international visitors because there's something for everyone – from inspired interior decorations for your home to easy to carry souvenirs and gifts. Definitely not to be missed!
Arcades also has the entertainment wow factor as it regularly puts on theatrical and musical performances by artists and performers from Zambia and further afield. Such showcases of local talent are held on the charming outdoor piazza. Highlights have included Caitlin Papier (pictured), Zambia's electric violinist sensation, as other well known local artists.
Arcades Shopping Mall · Tourist attraction