City Dental Lusaka
This dental clinic provides quality dental care to its patients in a timely and efficient manner. With highly qualified dentists and state-of-the-art equipment, City Dental in Lusaka offers restorative, preventative, implant and surgical treatments as well as covering the following dental disciplines — endodontics, periodontics, orthodontics and prosthodontics. Patient satisfaction resulting from City Dental's high standard of service is monitored and affirmed through regular patient satisfaction surveys.
City Dental Lusaka has not updated their information in over a year and these details might be out of date.
With a high standard of professional care, City Dental offers a wide range of professional dental care services that cover all dental disciplines. The clinic strives to maintain the highest quality of dental care possible by ensuring a high quality workforce through a careful recruitment and selection.
With an oral hygienist, two fully registered dentists and a number of specialists available for consultations, patients at City Dental are always assured of professional treatment and care.
City Dental actively promotes a close association between their own dentists, visiting specialists and other professional colleagues. This means that second opinions are often sought, leading to a more effective and financially efficient service for their patients.
City Dental Lusaka services
- Restorative dentistry
- This is the field of dentistry mainly involved in the constructive rebuilding of cariously decayed and traumatically broken teeth with the use of specific restorative materials. The restoration may be applied to a vital (living) or non-vital tooth in specific situations. Using this procedure, City Dental endeavours to first preserve and restore their patients failing dentition. In so doing the clinic sources top restorative dental materials that improve the prognosis of all restorations placed. This includes the use of highly durable, fluoride leaching, cavity adaptable dentine replacement material SDR and high finish, aesthetically pleasing Z250 composite restoration material. As an amalgam free clinic, patients are ensured that no materials containing toxic mercury will be knowingly placed. They use otop of the range resin based restorative materials that are better resistant to microleakage and subsequent secondary decay formation, and that can be accurately matched to the natural colour of the individuals teeth.
- This is the process by which the necrotic (dead) pulpal tissue of a tooth is removed and replaced with a biologically compatible material (gutta percha) that seals off the roots, prevents infection of the apical bone and helps prolong the functional life of a natural tooth. All endodontic treatments aim to ensure complete apical sealing of all the roots of the affected tooth, thereby preventing any secondary root infection in the future. The use of rapid dental radiographic imaging allows for easy accurate monitoring of the root canal treatment, and the use of the Protaper Endodontic system ensures complete apical and root obturation.
- Maxillo-facial oral surgery
- The extraction of a tooth or other oral surgery procedures is approached with a quality assurance protocol in mind. All oral surgery cases are conducted by the most suitably qualified individual to that particular situation. Specialists in the field of oral medicine, periodontology and maxillo-facial oral surgery are consulted when cases require specialised treatment.
- The premature loss of teeth has adverse effects on patients' masticatory, phonetic and aesthetic functions. The ultimate goal of any dental treatment initiated at City Dental Lusaka is to improve their clients' oral functionality as much as possible so that they may experience an improvement in their basic quality of life. Prosthodontic treatments include the prosthetic reconstruction of damaged teeth using porcelain fused to metal or zirconium crowns, the replacement of lost teeth using chrome or acrylic based removable dentures or the placement of osseous implants. Every case is evaluated on an individual basis and treatment is conducted in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
- This is a specialised field of dentistry that is involved in the correction of dental malocclusions. With one of the resident dentists practising fixed orthodontic treatments with the use of a top orthodontic system, DAMON systems, their patients are assured of a high level of treatment.
- The supportive tissue of the teeth, that is the periodontium and alveolar bone, are frequently overlooked in the course of dental treatments. As the supportive network for the teeth, any diseases affecting the bone or periodontal ligament may result in the premature loss of the affected tooth. Gingivitis, Periodontal Disease and Gingival Recession are examples of the diseases that may affect the tooth's supportive tissue. City Dental Lusaka quality assurance protocol ensures that no aspect of their clientèle’s oral health is overlooked. To this end, a specialist in the field of Periodontology is available for specialised consultations and treatments as required.
- Preventative dentistry
- As with all other aspects of health, the philosophy of prevention is better than cure is strictly adhered to at City Dental Lusaka. Full oral examinations are conducted with all new patients and any active pathology is identified and treatments to correct these health issues are included in the individualised treatment plans provided for patients. Regular check-ups are conducted on long standing clientèle and dental staff are active in the education of their patients with regards to any identified pathologies.
- Community dentistry
- With a view to improve the oral health of their clientèle from as early an age as possible, the City Dental team is active in community dentistry projects such as school oral education visits.
- Metal free restorations
- Oral hygiene
- Specialist dental services
City Dental Lusaka · Dentists