Read moreMessage business
Ventilators, louvres, flashings and industrial rainwater goods can be manufactured from galvanised, zincalume, zincal, aluminium, stainless steel or pre-painted material. An embossed finish is also available on request. Ventilators Through Helm Engineering, Global Roofing Solutions supplies natural and smoke ventilators. Natural ventilators
- Ridge and slope ventilators These ventilators are natural extract roof mounted units. They ensure optimal extraction under all weather conditions being so designed that all rain is effectively drained. Ridge and slope ventilators are suitable for the general ventilation of all industrial buildings. They are particularly useful in industries where continuous extraction of plant and solar heat is required. The ventilators are available in sections up to 2450mm long. However, larger throat openings are available on request.
- Super ventilators These units are consistent natural smoke and heat exhaust units which are manufactured to be installed onto large scale industrial buildings such as glassworks, boiler houses, steel and aluminium smelters to release products of combustion, smoke and steam.
- Automatic release ventilators Designed to automatically provide their maximum exhaust area under fire conditions, whilst providing a fully weathered unit in their normally closed position. The units can also be used as natural ventilators but must then be incorporated with automatic closing devices (rain detectors).
- Multi-purpose ventilators They can be manually operated to provide natural ventilation as and when required. Multi-purpose ventilators will open automatically in an emergency to expel smoke and fumes, as well as flames.
Louvres Helm Engineering manufactures standard and custom made louvres that are designed to operate in conjunction with either mechanically powered or natural ventilators to replace hot stale air. Fixed louvres provide permanent ventilation, whereas adjustable louvres can be set to deliver variable amounts of air depending on the day to day climatic conditions. Flashings These are thin pieces of waterproof material installed to prevent the passage of water into a structure from a joint. They are designed for all roofing profiles in different thicknesses, materials and finishes. Special configurations of flashings can be manufactured to a client's specifications within certain limitations. Industrial rainwater goods Standard and custom made industrial rainwater goods include gutters, downpipes and accessories, all designed and manufactured to suit a client's specific project needs. Permanent formworks
- Bond-Lok™ This a permanent formwork or shuttering which, with concrete, acts as a composite floor slab, and has an attractive flat ceiling on the underside. The Bond-Lok™ system significantly reduces the number of props utilised and eliminates the need for reinforcing steel. Installation is extremely quick, for a further saving in labour cost.
- Bond-Dek™ Similar to the Bond-Lok™, this system is able to span 3m unsupported under wet concrete thus saving on props. Installation is extremely quick, for a further saving in labour cost.
QC Flooring™ This is a composite steel and concrete slab system with a neat ceiling, pre-painted or ready for painting. The QC Flooring™ system provides added flexibility in that the cover width may be customised to suit the floor design.