Shalom Bus Services
Since 1996, Shalom Bus Services have been offering quality coach services to the everyday traveller, the business traveller and the adventure tourist. It has recently introduced a new route from Lusaka to Johannesburg via Chirundu, returning via Victoria Falls. It runs a fleet of 36 buses, made up of 7 luxury coaches and 29 standard buses. Bookings can be made in advance. Driven by professional, experienced drivers, buses are comprehensively insured. Shalom also offers a reliable postal and courier service.
Shalom Bus Services has not updated their information in over a year and these details might be out of date.
Buses and Coaches
This bus service operates between Lusaka, Livingstone and Johannesburg, Lusaka to Mongu, and Lusaka to Nakonde. Recognising the importance of bus punctuality and reliability, Shalom follows a strict schedule and gives a high priority to customer safety. The buses are fully air-conditioned with in-car entertainment.
Rates range from ZMW95 to ZMW140 for local routes. First-aid kits and fire extinguishers are on each bus, and refreshments are served on board. In the rare case of a breakdown, a back-up bus is dispatched to pick up passengers and take them on to their destination.
When you accumulate upto 10 tickets under the Loyalty programme, you will get a membership card which enables you to get ZMW10 discount on local routes and when you accumulate 10 tickets on the Johannesburg route, you will get a membership card which gives you SAR 10 discount.
Business class buses
In line with their policy of constantly improving their services to meet client needs, Shalom Bus Services recently purchased two brand new business class buses. Each bus has 48 seats, with high grade reclining seats, calf support and extra leg space. These ultra luxury buses are designed to give first class luxury and comfort at affordable prices.
Schedule of buses by route
- Lusaka – Johannesburg daily to and from. Departure 09:00hrs from each end
- Lusaka - Livingstone, 05:30am, 0630am, 08:00hrs, 09:30hrs, 11:30hrs, 12:30hrs, 13:30hrs, 14:30pm, and last one is at 16:30pm This is daily from both ends
- Sesheke - Lusaka 05:00am, and 13:30pm, two buses daily from each end
- Lusaka - Mongu, 08:00am, and 11:30am daily
- Mongu - Lusaka, 05:30am, and 08:00am daily
Business class bus information
- Adequate leg space
- Reclining seats
- Coffee/tea making facilities
- Fully air-conditioned
- On board toilet
- In-car entertainment
Shalom Bus Services contact information
- Lusaka Intercity Bus Terminus: Mwambazi +260 977 414 932
- Johannesburg route: +260 967 414932
- Southern route: Bimahere + 260 977 747 013
- Mongu route: Ernest + 260 979 663786
- Johannesburg Coach Station: 144 Kerk Street Cnr Nugget Street +27 785 928 817
- Choma Bus Station: Star Takeaway, Livingstone Road
- Livingstone Bus Station: Shalom terminal next to Shoprite
- Mazabuka Bus Station: next to the Vuma filling station, Livingstone Road
Shalom Bus Services · Buses and Coaches
Postal and Courier
Shalom Bus Services is one of the best parcel and courier service providers in Zambia. The company lets you send and receive parcels to/from Lusaka, Livingstone, Sesheke, Mongu, Nakonde and Johannesburg. Rates are affordable and based on the scheduled route that the bus uses to get from origin to destination.
Since inception, Shalom Bus Services has been helping its clients in Zambia and South Africa to send and receive parcels - small, medium and large. Complete customer satisfaction is their top most priority, for which they provide a one on one service, taking full responsibility for your vital goods. The company is committed to establishing continuing excellence in delivery capabilities focused on the individual customer.
Shalom ensures that all parcels in their custody are delivered on time with no damages. The company understands that nothing is worse than delaying a promise, not to mention delaying delivery of goods. Shalom Bus Services possesses the distinction of bringing better service and delivery standards to the parcel and courier industry.
Shalom Bus Services · Postal and Courier