This is a noninvasive blood pressure monitor by the oscillometric method. This device can measure the systolic blood pressure (SYS), the diastolic blood pressure (DIA) and the pulse rate automatically. It is intended to be used for checking personal health condition at home under the direction of a physician and is not intended to be a diagnostic device.
This product is available for online purchase — Buy online now and get it delivered to you.
General remarks on blood pressure and blood pressure measurement
1. To deflate the cuff quickly, press the “START/STOP” switch.
2. The attached cuff is suitable for wrist circumferences of 13.5-21.5 cm.
3. When attaching the cuff, the body of a blood pressure monitor should be placed on the inside of your wrist.
4. The monitor is not intended to be a diagnostic device, because it is intended for home use.
5. Self-measurement is not a therapy! In no event should you change the dosage of your medication prescribed by your physician.
6. As preparation for measuring your blood pressure, you should urinate and then remain relatively still for 10 to 15 minutes prior to measurement.
7. Exercising, eating, drinking, smoking, etc., prior to measurement may affect the results.
8. Your blood pressure varies constantly throughout the day. Measurements should be taken regularly at the same time each day.
9. DO NOT place too much emphasis on the results of one measurement. Keep a continuing record of your blood pressure variations. A complete picture can only be obtained from a large number of readings.
10. Emotional stress tends to cause your blood pressure to rise.
To obtain correct blood pressure measurements
Take five or six deep breaths and then relax before measuring your blood pressure. If you are tense when taking the measurement, you will not get a valid reading.
Your blood pressure will be elevated if you are anxious or irritated, suffering from lack of sleep or constipation, or have just taken some exercise or eaten a meal.
Wrap the cuff around your wrist snugly.
DO NOT measure your blood pressure after bathing or drinking.
If you feel the need to urinate, do so before measuring your blood pressure.
Measure your blood pressure where the room temperature is around 20°C. DO NOT measure your blood pressure when it is too cold (below 10°C) or too hot (above 40°C) in the room.
DO NOT try to measure your blood pressure immediately after drinking coffee or tea or after smoking. Measure your blood pressure when you are relaxed and still. Keep the centre of the cuff at the level of your heart and DO NOT move your arm or talk.
DO NOT measure blood pressure when the cuff has been on your wrist for a few minutes or more. During this time, your wrist will have built up higher blood pressure and you will not get a valid reading.
If the Body Movement Indicator or Irregular Heartbeat (IHB)Indicator is displayed, relax and measure your blood pressure again. If the Irregular Heartbeat (IHB) Indicator appears frequently, you are advised to consult a doctor about your health condition.
Precautions for use
If you suffer from heart disease, high blood pressure or other circulatory diseases, consult your physician before using the monitor.
If you feel abnormal pressure of the cuff during use or any other irregularity, reduce the pressure by immediately switching off the power or remove the batteries and consult the sales outlet where purchased.
If you think the measurement is abnormal or if measurement makes you feel unwell, discontinue use and consult your physician.
Blood pressure measurement may not be possible for anyone with a weak pulse or arrhythmia.
Repeated blood pressure measurement may cause problems such as congestion or swelling in some people.
Frequently repeated blood pressure measurements will not give accurate results. Allow an interval of about 1 minute between measurements.
If you suffer from a severe problem with blood circulation in your arms, consult your physician before using the monitor. Failure to do so could be hazardous to your health.
Measurement may not be possible for anyone with insufficient blood flow to the area where measurements will be taken or who suffers from a frequent irregular heartbeat. Consult your physician for advice on whether to use the monitor.
DO NOT wrap the cuff around an injured wrist
DO NOT wrap the cuff around a wrist in which a drip (intravenous infusion) is inserted, or which is being used for blood transfusion as part of medical treatment. Doing so could result in an injury or a serious accident.
11. DO NOT use the monitor in the vicinity of flammable gases such as those used for anaesthesia. Doing so could ignite the gases and cause an explosion.
12. DO NOT use the monitor in enriched oxygen environments such as a hospital’s hyperbaric chamber or an oxygen tent. Doing so could ignite the oxygen and cause a fire.
13. DO NOT use mobile phones near the monitor as this could result in a malfunction.
14. If you use a cardiac pacemaker, consult your physician before using the monitor.
15. Be sure to use this unit only for measuring blood pressure. DO NOT use it for any other purpose.
16. Be sure to use only our authorized parts and accessories. Parts and accessories not approved for use with the device may damage the unit.
17. DO NOT use this unit on infants.
18. Blood pressure measurement may not be possible for anyone with common arrhythmias such as atrial or ventricular premature beats or atrial fibrillation.
DO NOT store the blood pressure monitor in locations exposed to direct sunlight, high temperatures (over 60°C), low temperatures (below -20°C), high relative humidity (over 95%) or excessive amounts of dust. Make sure to store the blood pressure monitor, where children, pets and or pests are not there.
DO NOT drop the blood pressure monitor or subject it to other shocks or vibration.
Remove the batteries if the monitor will be left unused for a long period.
DO NOT attempt to disassemble the monitor
DO NOT bend the cuff excessively.
If the monitor is very dirty, wipe it clean with a cloth moistened with sterilizing alcohol or a neutral detergent. Then wipe it with a dry cloth.
NEVER clean the blood pressure monitor with thinners or benzene, as this could damage the monitor.
To clean the cuff, wipe it with a moist cloth. Avoid hard rubbing, as this will cause air leakages.
As a healthcare company they are able to source and supply medical instruments and sterile-packed instrument kits from trusted manufacturers internationally. Surgeons, and patients alike can rely on Divson Pharmaceuticals single procedure instruments each day to safely secure medical device implants.