Barrack Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North-Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Trainer – Heavy Equipment Repair.
• Reporting to the Training Coordinator-Mining Maintenance, you will be responsible for application and monitoring of training systems and processes to ensure the Maintenance team have the required technical skills and trade competencies to achieve optimal plant maintenance and productivity Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Monitor the training compliance with the requirements of Maintenance trades on electrical & hydraulic Shovels/Excavators/Trucks/Dozers/Mobile Graders and Wheel Loaders.
• Implementation and maintenance of MHE fault–finding/ systems diagnostics training program.
• Source appropriate training material and utilize all resources necessary to provide a cost effective and functional training matrix.
• Develop, maintain and update OEMs maintenance training manuals & package as when required.
• Develop and implement facilitator’s manuals, capability assessments and workplace competency of Heavy Equipment Repair mechanics/ artisans.
• Conduct training as per skills training matrix
• Ensure all operating standards/ procedures are accurate and fully communicated to all maintenance employees
• Ensure accurate maintenance of mining maintenance personnel training and competency records
Experience & Qualifications
• Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair or Equivalent from a recognized Institution
• Certificate IV Workplace Training and Assessment/ TEVET Technical Vocational & Training qualification or equivalent
• Accredited TEVETA Trainer & Assessor
• 5 years relevant work experience preferably in the mining industry
• Member of The Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ & ERB)
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
How to apply
Send your applications to the link: